Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA nightnare, help required.

Just thought I’d update, thank you all for your replies btw.
    So my mandatory reconsideration was successful. The last sentence on their mandatory reconsideration state
    “ I have therefore revised the decision and you can be treated as having limited capability for work and continue to be entitled to esa pending an assessment”. Does this mean payments will remain frozen until an assessment has taken place.

The Decision Maker has accepted that you had 'Good Reason' for not attending your WCA and so you are still entitled to ESA, for now.

You will now continue to be paid ESA at the same rate as you were being paid before, and will be backpaid for any payments that have been missed.
    (As long has you haven't claimed UC in the meantime, if you have claimed UC then you stay on UC).

You will also get an appointment for another WCA, probably fairly quickly.
    You can try for a home visit again if you want to, but if they don't grant it (or don't reply) then you must attend the new WCA appointment.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.