Thread: ESA3 Form Processing

ESA3 Form Processing

Hello, i'm on ESA Contributory with support group and DLA Middle rate care/low rate mobility. I'm wondering if i'm eligible for the back payments due to the error. I got a call from them because i forgot to fill two pieces of the form and then when it was fixed, the DWP employee sent my form for processing. I live with my parents, they don't receive any care allowance for them to help me. I don't have any savings at all, so i was just wondering if it looks like i'm entitled to anything, Thank you.

Firstly were you transfered from IB to ESA?
    If they sent you an ESA3(IBR) then I assume you were.

As long as you do not have any savings above £6,000 or any other income (or a working partner) then you should be due something.

How much will depend on a few things like when you transfered from IB to ESA and if your parents are also disabled themselves.

Assuming that you don't have savings or income and that your parents are not disabled then you should be due the Enhanced Disability Premium from the date you transfered and ongoing from now.

If you can confirm that you don't have savings/income and that your parents are not receiving DLA or PIP themselves, and then let us know the date on which you transfered from IB to ESA I can work out roughly how much backpay you should be due.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes i used to be on Incapacity benefit. I got changed to ESA in 2013. If i remember it was around August. They aren't disabled. I only have my fortnightly ESA and monthly DLA money to keep me going. No savings at all.
    Last edited by Roy; 01-09-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Cheers I can't do it right now, I'm in the pub again, but I'll do a calculation for EDP owed from 1 Sep 2013 to the current date later.
    (I expect it will be a couple of hundred over £2,000)

Your help is greatly appreciated, by my own calculations i got it to around £4,000 but i would be interested if you come to a different conclusion.

Sorry for the delay, and yes my guess was quite a bit out (I'll blame 4 pints of Sam Smiths Sovereign).

I calculate a total of £4,433.10 EDP backpay due from 1 Sep 2103 to the end of January 2019.
    (I've used the end of Jan to give a few weeks for them to sort things out before paying, it may be sooner it may be later.

This is made up as follows:
    £ 454.50 - 1 Sep 2013 to Apr 2014 (30 weeks at £15.15)
    £ 808.60 - 2014/5 (52 weeks at £15.55)
    £ 819.00 - 2015/6 (52 weeks at £15.75)
    £ 819.00 - 2016/7 (52 weeks at £15.75)
    £ 826.80 - 2017/8 (52 weeks at £15.90)
    £ 705.20 - 2018/9 to end of January 19 (43 weeks at £16.40)

For further information on the old rates of ESA premiums if anyone wants to calculate their probable backpay:
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...tes-(selected)
    Last edited by nukecad; 01-10-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Much appreciated nukecad, your help was invaluable. Hope you're having a good day and week to come.