Thread: ESA CB + PIP and Premiums

ESA CB + PIP and Premiums

My husband receives ESA CB - £110.75 pw. Recently awarded PIP enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility due to a terminal cancer diagnosis. I was on ESA IR but was living apart from my husband who is now living with me. DWP wrote to me to say my ESA is now CB - due to taking into consideration my husband's income and no longer IR - we are BOTH in the SG of ESA. My question is - is he entitled to any extra premiums which should be added to his ESA CB? If so, would this mean some of the CB would be considered Income related and therefore help with housing benefit and council tax reduction? He also receives IIDB of £69 per week.
    Should LHA provide me with a 25% reduction in council tax as my spouse receives the daily living component?

I can't help on the premiums (though I suspect any IR entitlement will be wiped put by his other income), but PIP does not entitle you to a CT reduction. To get a disability reduction the property has to have adpatations for the disability

Thank you noisynoodle

The LHA have sent me a statement of reasons today and they have applied one amount of support group element £37.65 to our personal allowance but we are BOTH in SG so should there be two amounts of £37.65 added to our personal allowance?

I live with a lodger and her son. But I still get the 25% 'Single Person's' Council Tax deduction because she is considered to be a 'disregarded person' because she's around for up to 35 hours a week to assist if need be.

She's not my partner so she qualifies by default. She can't claim Carers Allowance as she works. It benefits everyone as she gets a roof over her head, I don't pay extra Council Tax and the Council have two less homeless people.