Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Housing Benefit - Change of Circumstances - Trigger UC?

Thank you Nukecad. I assumed they would include IIDB when calculating income but unsure as to how HB is calculated. From what I have read a discount or premium may be applicable due to him receiving enhanced rate of PIP for care. I think the enhanced rate of PIP should also help towards council tax support but LHA not confirmed any changes to this yet but no doubt there will be one! When trying to find out how LHA's calculate HB I have seen two different personal allowances which are applicable - one is the usual £114.85 and other welfare sites state £248 for a couple. The LHA came to visit us in October and granted us a second bedroom allowance given my husband's illness so are well aware of our circumstances. Would be helpful if anyone receiving enhanced daily living component of PIP has received extra help with housing benefit and council tax.
    Many thanks again for guidance.

I believe that you need to be on an IR benefit to get any premiums, which you are not at the moment.

That's another reason for persuing the CA claim, to try and get an IR element added to your ESA.

Having an IR benefit should also pay the full 'Eligible Rent' anyway.

As usual it's all complicated (at a time when you could do without complications).
    Maybe this will be of some help, it gives a step by step of how to work it out:
    https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-ad...ousing-benefit
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

As far as I know the only income thats disregarded for HB is PIP/DLA, am I wrong?

The LHA have sent me a statement of reasons today nukecad and they have applied one amount of support group element £37.65 to our personal allowance but we are BOTH in SG so should there be two amounts of £37.65 added to our personal allowance?

I don't think so, (but am not 100% sure).

As I understand it the HB is in one persons name so only one SG amount would be included, for that one named person.

If he was a tenant or lodger rather than your partner then he would have his own HB claim, in his own name, and his SG amount would be included in that.

Thanks for the clarification nukecad - I appreciate everyone's input over the last few days. I will let you know if I have any success with regards to the carer's allowance/premium application.

Sorry we haven't been of more help.

Yours is a situation that we don't see a lot of.

Usually we'd just say leave it to the MacMillan people who see it all the time.
    But I guess they are also struggling with interpreting the current benefit changes because of UC.