Thread: Esa face to face assessment at 65 advice needed please

Esa face to face assessment at 65 advice needed please

Hi, I have been in Esa support group for 5 years. I am due for retirement pension in March. I received a work capability form to fill in in November (I posted a previous thread back then) DWP told me I still had to fill in the form even though I was just months from retirement, I sent form with what evidence I have including a letter from my GP which stated how my disability affects me. Today. I have received a letter to say I have an appointment for a face to face on 20th Jan...7 weeks before I am due to get my state pension. I have mobility issues. Heart problems and a long term depression
    I’m really worried. How many appointments can I cancel and is this going to prompt an assessment for my PIP which is due end 2019 anyway. The thought of going through these assessments again has made me feel ill. I had a load of grief which my PIP assessment and had to go down the appeal route ( it was sorted before the court hearing) any advice please?

You can cancel one appointment for an assessment, but can't cancel again without a good reason.

The ESA claim won't prompt a PIP assessment, but as it's due at the end of the year you can expect to receive the renewal form any time now as they send them out roughly a year before the current award expires.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    You can cancel one appointment for an assessment, but can't cancel again without a good reason.

The ESA claim won't prompt a PIP assessment, but as it's due at the end of the year you can expect to receive the renewal form any time now as they send them out roughly a year before the current award expires.
    If you take everything with you, there shouldn’t be an issue. These assements can be as short as twenty minutes if they’ve got everything they might not need to go through everything. I will be honest they realised I was tired and stressed at mine and they saw enough to keep it short.