Thread: When should I realistically expect another ESA assessment?

When should I realistically expect another ESA assessment?

I had my last ESA assessment nearly two years ago now.
    When I was awarded it, the assessment was cut short after a few minutes and I was placed into the support group when I finally got the decision.
    The award was for 18 months, but we're well past that now. I've been dreading the brown envelope every day for months, but it never comes.

When I look back on my assessment prior to that, I was given a year, but I didn't get assessed until after 3 years had past - should I expect the same again?

No-one here can say really. Could come any time from now on. Depends if there are any backlogs in your area. My last award was for 18 months but the letter came after 16 months. Time before that, two years but letter came after 31 months.

Thanks crazychris. I'll just have to wait and see then.

Quote Originally Posted by NeurologicalNed View Post
    Thanks crazychris. I'll just have to wait and see then.

Yeah it'll come eventually. Wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

My one and only assessment (Paper based) was done in 2012 and I haven't heard a word since. (long may it last) Award letter just says on going.

Seems you lucky to be in an area that perhaps has a large backlog, ESA is a bit of a postcode lottery as certain areas have the assessment centres overloaded and makes it more likely for deferrals, I expect you have been benefiting from deferrals.

Quote Originally Posted by worried33 View Post
    I expect you have been benefiting from deferrals.

That sounds extremely rude as if you are accusing me of milking the system.

Not at all.

Deferals are when the DWP and CHDA get too busy and so just change your referal date to save themselves some work.

For example ALL ESA reassessments were 'Deffered' between Feb. 2014 and Mar 2016.

Nothing to do with anyones conditon.
    Just because they didn't have enough resources.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    That sounds extremely rude as if you are accusing me of milking the system.
    Its as nukecad said, deferrals DWP side not yourself. IF you get deferred you typically will know nothing about it, no letter gets sent, they simply change your date to a later date.
    Last edited by worried33; 01-17-2019 at 03:47 AM.