Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PIP Decision Timescales

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    It’s now 16 weeks since I sent my AR1 review form inn now got a text to say thanks for sending us how your disability affects you form it says you may need to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make a decision we will contact you again what’s that all about after all them weeks or have they maybe just now started to look at the form ?
    WHO KNOWS Robbie. The time-frames for making these decisions seem to range wildly from 3 -18 weeks+
    There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the madness . . .

Not in a good place at the minute with the worry had a esa assessment the other week still waiting on a decision on that one and all the stress with the pip review form

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    It’s now 16 weeks since I sent my AR1 review form inn now got a text to say thanks for sending us how your disability affects you form it says you may need to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make a decision we will contact you again what’s that all about after all them weeks or have they maybe just now started to look at the form ?
    Unlike the PIP2 form, the AR1 form when sent back goes to a DWP decision maker first to see if they can make a decision without the need to send it on to ATOS. When (or if) the decision maker can't make a decision he will send it to ATOS for either a f2f or paper assessment. It is at this point you will receive the txt message you received.

Thanks here’s hoping for a paper based assessment

Well on Friday I got my copy of the ATOS assessor report.
    Very surprisingly, it is 95+% true to the home assessment from last December. Just waiting for the DM letter confirming it all (week 10 now)

Have to go for assessment on the 6th of March now so no paper based assessment