Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assessment

I have my esa reassessment on the 19th, 3rd assessment for esa previous two awards were 1 year awards for the support group.

Very nervous as I'm on the severe disability premium now which protects me from falling into universal credit if my circumstances change hope the assessment isn't terrible. My pip assessment was awarded and went well in November.

I have more evidence of my disability now as I had a diagnosis for autism and have more evidence from my social worker so hoping it goes well in theory it should be okay but I know it's the luck of the draw with which assessor I get.

I've saved the pip backpay £1200 as a small nest egg just incase I have to appeal.

If you do have to appeal then you can stay out of UC and claim JSA during the MR.

Because you would have had SDP in the previous month you would be blocked from making a claim for UC.

So for those with SDP who get a FFW at assessment it's as it was in the old days - JSA during the MR then back onto ESA once the appeal is lodged.
    Last edited by nukecad; 14-02-19 at 12:24.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Brilliant thank you and how would this effect my existing housing benefit claim do I just ring them change of circumstance nil income until reinstated basically?

Yes if the HB stops because the ESA stopped then you just ring them and say either:

You are now claiming JSA and want HB on that basis.
    or
    You have no/low income and want HB on that basis.

You must make sure to tell them you had SDP in the last month which means you can't claim UC by law, and so can still claim HB.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Okay thank you very much appreciate that. This has made me a lot less stressed appreciate the advice.

Hello just to update everyone just had my assessment it went exceptionally well, the assessor was a mental health nurse and went over everything in detail and I think it went very well.

I know nice assessors can stab you in the back and I'll still prepare for the worst but I have a brilliant feeling this went well.

Will keep everyone posted once the dreaded brown enveloped letter arrives.