Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENCTS disability bus pass Renewal.

One month on and still no sign of my shiny new pass.

Called the helpline (although given as the helpline on the Cumbria website it's in Lancashire) and of course they couldn't help and transfered me to Cumbria office.

Rang for a while and then an automated message told me that they were on holiday and would be back on Tuesday 23rd April - err, that's today.
    No doubt they've been commenting on how quiet their phones are today.

EDIT
    I got through on Wednesday and they say that they haven't recieved the signed declaration, so will send me another.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-24-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I got another declaration last week (without a return envelope), as there was an email address at the top I decided to sign it then scan it a PDF and email it, as well as posting it.

I got a return email saying that the scan was acceptable - Useful information for anyone else.

My new pass has arrived this morning, expiry date 29 April 2022.

EDIT.
    Oops, I just went to put the new pass in a zip pocket in my big coat, and guess whet I found in the inside pocket?
    Yes, the original declaration that I thought I had posted back in March. I'll have to add memory loss to my next ESA50.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.

How about up to date prescription showing the meds you are on? I presume for epilepsy you are on some. And the last letter from the consultant, when ever that was, should state the meds you are on.

It's sorted now reddivine, my new bus pass came yesterday.

No they won't just accept a current meds list, you can be on epilepsy meds and safe to drive.

The application form says that they need written confirmation from a consultant that you shouldn't drive and specifies that it must be a consultant not your GP.
    I posted the quote from it in post #5 above.
    However as I have found out they will accept a note from the GP for a renewal, even though the form says they won't.
    You also have to sign a declaration to say that you have surrendered you licence or don't hold a licence.

TBH I'm not on epilepsy meds anymore as they would clash with the cardiac meds I'm on, it's a choice of put up with occasional fits or risk a cardiac arrest.
    The same applies with my Hypersomnolence/narcolepsy, stimulants for that would clash with the cardiac meds so can't be taken.

Interestingly that raises another slight issue.
    I have a prescription exemption card because I was on epilepsy meds, but now that I'm no longer taking them I won't be able to renew that when it expires next March.
    Not a real problem as my IR ESA entitles me to free prescriptions anyway.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-04-2019 at 01:36 PM.