Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost all my details. esa

lost all my details. esa

Hello.

Finally mustered enough to phone them. Only to be told they cant find any details of me on the system
    Im showing up on the DLA system, but ESA nothing We've always done everything by the book when forms have been sent filled in etc.
    She now wants to restart the ESA process which I find incredible as I assume that would be treated like UC?

When we moved we let them know within 24hrs. Main worries now Im finally on the radar will this mean my ESA suddenly stopping?
    and is there a way I can make them find me ?

*something seriously isnt right mum found the letter from last march about my entitlement
    Last edited by valeyard; 01-23-2019 at 11:58 AM.

If you are still being paid see what happens, you can't trust the phone jockeys, did you get proof of sending off the information ? If you do take that and any previous letters to the citizens advice and get them to check it. Maybe book to see your GP so you're covered.

Didn't they send you a text a couple of weeks ago about your change from IB-ESA?
    And didn't you get the funny one weeks payment thing at the start of January?

They obviously do have you on the ESA system, and are still paying you.

I think that you have just got an incompetent phone jockey who didn't know what she was doing.

You don't say why you were ringing them but I'd just ring again, you are unlikely to get the same person again.

Whatever you do you should not be making any new claim for ESA or UC, the woman was an idiot to suggest that.
    Last edited by nukecad; 01-23-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeLord View Post
    If you are still being paid see what happens, you can't trust the phone jockeys, did you get proof of sending off the information ? If you do take that and any previous letters to the citizens advice and get them to check it. Maybe book to see your GP so you're covered.

yes Mum has kept everything. Social worker is coming out friday and going to try and help sort this mess out,
    Mum keeps everything and from 2015,2016,2017,2018 I kept getting those yearly letters about how much they will pay etc
    as they are needed as proof for Dental care/Eye care etc.

not sure if this is relevant but when it gets paid in the bank its EESA BGC in brackets and its been like that for years

don't let them start UC

find all correspondence you have and then if they ask for evidence, you can send copies

clearly you ARE on the system somewhere, since they are paying you!!

as timelord says - you cannot rely on the phone person having the correct information - another day, another call, and you may get a different response!

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Didn't they send you a text a couple of weeks ago about your change from IB-ESA?
    And didn't you get the funny one weeks payment thing at the start of January?

They obviously do have you on the ESA system, and are still paying you.

I think that you have just got an incompetent phone jockey who didn't know what she was doing.

You don't say why you were ringing them but I'd just ring again, you are unlikely to get the same person again.

Whatever you do you should not be making any new claim for ESA or UC, the woman was an idiot to suggest that.
    Cant thank you enough for taking the time to reply.
    This was one of the main reasons Im so scared of them,
    yes had one of those early payments and today my normal money of 254.00 went into the bank
    im on the support group.

soon as she mentioned a new claim that's when I started getting really upset because I know that's just disaster.
    main reason for phoning them was in regards to a text message saying about a premiun might be owing
    but that all fell by the wayside as this unfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    don't let them start UC

find all correspondence you have and then if they ask for evidence, you can send copies

clearly you ARE on the system somewhere, since they are paying you!!

as timelord says - you cannot rely on the phone person having the correct information - another day, another call, and you may get a different response!
    thank you also I really mean it.
    Just fall apart with any dealings with them, when my sister comes home from work now she will collect all the other things to make sure its all ready

I totally understand the stress/distress of dealing with them
    I am glad your sister can help

I am sure things will get sorted

Quote Originally Posted by valeyard View Post
    main reason for phoning them was in regards to a text message saying about a premiun might be owing
    but that all fell by the wayside as this unfolded.
    You should follow this up, although they should send you a letter about it as well.

It's about the error they made when transfering people from IB to ESA.
    If you are one of those they made an error with then your ESA will go up, and you may be owed thousands of pounds in backpay.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

firstly cant thank you all enough every single bit of advice you all posted here the social worker repeated.
    finally got some sense. No they found all my details turns out when the forms were sent back was put in the support group on just that alone
    will all the evidence sent off, they confirmed no letter was sent out though actually telling me.

On the other part another mess up im not eligible for the premium so at least that's dead in the water now.
    just glad they actually found everything.