Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESA IR back payment query

It's been 9 weeks since we sent the forms off to see if hubby is entitled to and backpay not that we think we are but up to today we've not heard anything.Not a yea or a nay.
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has been successful who applied around the same time

Hi I returned my IB3 form which they received on 21 December 2018 I rang yesterday to check on any progress and was told that the form had been processed on 28 January and would take up to12 weeks from that date I'm confused as to when the 12 weeks would start from, any ideas?

28th January from the sound of it

Still nothing to report here BarbieJane - will let you know as soon as I get any news but looking at 1066's post, it's looking like it could be April before your and the claim i'm helping with get to the top of the pile. :/

1066 as noisynoodles says probably the 28th January .

Thanks Priffy and if we get a brown letter saying yay or nay i'll let everyone know what the outcome is.
    My 2 friends who sent theirs off 2 weeks before me haven't heard anything back either.

DWP policy on this seems to be to not give status updates or paper receipts, rather just to reply when they have processed it.

I dont know what happens if they dont receive what they ask for if they eventually send out a reminder or something.

I have my money now but my process was far from normal, it took them over a month to move my statements to processing and then I was fast tracked to a decision, to 1066 for sure your 3 months starts from 28 jan so 28 april target date.

If you have sent the form off I would after 2-4 weeks ring to at least get confirmation they have received it. Because it would be horrible to wait 3 months only to find out they hadnt even moved it to processing.

Been waiting now 11 weeks today xD. I called them to just check and the lady put on the computer something about an emergency?! i hope she misspoke her words, she said it will be processed within the 24 hours on the day was around 6 days ago now. Well done to the ones who received it.

I do believe the entitlement is dependant on the date the claim was made around example April 2017 and after is not eligible before that is regardless of what group

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I do believe the entitlement is dependant on the date the claim was made around example April 2017 and after is not eligible before that is regardless of what group
    Again that is nothing to do with this issue, that is only to do with LCW not being paid for claims originally made after that date.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I don't know if you all saw the post FAO barbiejane but I added to the post that it was a yes for backpayment and my husband received a very very nice cheque from DWP .
    Once again thank you for all Nukecads advice and to you all for reading my posts .
    Anyone getting the forms to fill in please do it because you might just be surprised and get a yes and a nice cheque