Thread: Still in support group? or just a rates related letter?

Question Still in support group? or just a rates related letter?

Is this letter saying I've been kept in the SG or is it one of those letters that says the rates are increasing? I'm just confused because I don't remember the difference between the letters.

It says:
    "YOUR CLAIM FOR EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE
    CHANGES IN THE EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE RATES PAYABLE

We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.
    From 8 April 2019 the rates of some Social Security Benefits may change.
    From 17 January your Employment and Support Allowance will be £127.15 a week.

This is because of:
    a decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the Support Group

From 11 April 2019 your Employment and Support Allowance will be £128.45 a week.

You meet the eligibility criteria for the Support Group. This means that you are not required to take part in any work related activity, although you can volunteer by contacting a Personal Advisor"

and then it carries on about NI stuff. This looks like a decision letter but I dunno. I sent my ESA50 back in November 2018 as I was sent one after having been in the SG since mid-2017. If this is a decision letter how come it doesn't say when I'll be called again for reassessment? I'm just so anxious.

I think that's just about the change in rates as they are sending those letters out at the moment. Note that even when you do get a decision letter it won't say when your next assessment will be. ESA decision letters don't, as it's open-ended. Once you've had the decision you can ring up and ask for the prognosis date, which is when they will look and decide whether to reassess or to wait a little longer.

its different to one i received today mine was just about the new rate.

yours does sound like a decision letter, they don't put the reassessment date on decision letter's, you could call and ask them to confirm if it is and also ask when you will be reassessed again.

I would say it is your decision letter
    and they never say how long it is for with ESA

rates letters do not look like that

The fact that it says 'From 17 January' tells you that it is your decision letter.

Rate change letters only mention April.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

bumping up to drop the spam:/

that is a decision letter.

Thanks for the help guys. Wish they would be more explicit so that we wouldn't be left guessing. I wasn't expecting a decision letter as I haven't gone in again for an assessment so this is a pleasant surprise that they decided based on evidence and stuff, not sure if they contacted anybody or not, see my GP tomorrow though so I could ask.

It's for 18 months from December, so that's a relief.