Thread: Are ESA assessments continuing while Universal Credit rolls out?

Are ESA assessments continuing while Universal Credit rolls out?

As we all know there is a lot of chaos and delays right now in Universal Credit. However, my friend lives in a fully live Universal Credit area but he is still claiming ESA. His condition is not expected to change and he won't be moving address for the forseeable future. His ESA was awarded till June 2019. So when June 2019 comes along will he be forced to undergo a new ESA assessment despite living in a fully live Universal Credit region? If he moved address I think he would be forced onto UC. He is just very confused about being assessed for ESA while Universal Credit is being rolled out.

Does anybody have any information about this?? Thanks

he could be reassessed for ESA
    BUT
    he will not be put onto UC

others will give you more details on this

ESA assessments the WCA process are still been carried out yes, its the same WCA as UC so there is no issue getting maximus to carry these out.

Also ESA will still exist for IR claimants who dont have a change of circumstances up until the date they have a managed migration, and will continue to exist past that point for CB claimants.

All areas of the UK are now Full Service for Universal Credit.
    (Existing 'Live Service' UC claims are already being migrated to Full Service).

Currently ESA and UC are running side by side.
    Nothing has been put on hold, it's just currently 2 different systems running at the same time.

So ESA reassments are still continuing as ESA reassessments.
    Having an ESA reassessment will not migrate you to Universal Credit. (Unless you are found Fit-for-Work and so your ESA stops).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.