Thread: Trying to get better interest rates.

Trying to get better interest rates.

I don't know about you but I have some ISA savings that I just left in a bank on really low interest rates so inflation is eating away it's value.

So yesterday I digitally transferred some to a Virginmoney 2 year fixed rate ISA. No problems. And today I'll visit Manchester City Centre to join the Virgin Lounge. I'd call it a creche for adults. I'll be able to pop in the Lounge any day, get free coffee, buscuits/cakes, use of laptops, free newspapers, even play a grand piano - if only I could play and chat with other members who visit for a warm up - all very accessible too.

They even offer free space for community events.

Virgin Money Lounges are based in Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Norwich and Sheffield

https://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/about-lounges/

I've also used the internet only Atom bank for better interest rates - https://www.atombank.co.uk

Have you got any tips - keep it clean now! lol

Shifted a few from ISA holdings to 3 to 5 year bonds so to at least beat inflation. (3%, 2,7%, 2.5%)
    3 ISAs retained in managed stocks and shares, one started when ISAs started, other 2 about 12 years running. Healthy gains.
    Max holding Santander 123 interest and cashback
    TSB account run at always over £1500 so interest bearing
    Bought a £20k annuity at the right time that pays £80 per month and passes to spouse on death.
    NI stamps maxed so full state pension when it starts on March 6th!