Thread: PIP Payment Decision

PIP Payment Decision

Hello

So, i've just received a letter from DWP telling me that "We've considered your claim and decided you don't qualify PIP. And the reason is that i did not go to a assessment appointment on such a date and they don't think i've given them a good reason. And my PIP will now be terminated in less than 2 weeks.

In regards to the above, i contacted them by phone the same day and i also wrote to them and explained my reason in writing. They have it down on record why i cannot go to assessments. I have sent in letters and GP information, i have complied to every letter they have sent. It's obvious they are not listening, and don't want to listen to anything you tell them. They are even ignoing the documentation from the GP. The way i see it, this is a plan they stick to hoping you will just give in

So i call up on members for help!

Thanks

Did the letter say anything about appealing this decision? You should be able to do so.

Or you can start a new PIP claim.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...cal-assessment

If you can give us a little more information about why you did not attend and what evidence you sent for your reasons for not attending it may help us to give you more information.

Did you ask for a home visit or to be assessed on a paper basis only?
    I try my best

Thanks for reply.

Yes i see that i can appeal and i will arrange for a home visit. With all the information i have sent i would have thought they would have offered me the home visit in writing/letter as i cannot attend assessments.

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear this if you have sent everything with proof of posting then that as to help with an appeal hope you get it sorted and can get a home visit asap

Upate:

Since i posted this thread i've been back in touch with DWP and requested an home assessment, which i was told they would arrange one. It’s now been nearly two months since my request and i have had not received a reply and my DLA was stopped I have written and sent DWP two letters and i have also telephoned them on three occasions. Each time i’m told your case is with a manager. Is there anything else i could try to hurry things up?
    Last edited by Lu1; 03-29-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT GIVE UP !
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    Did the letter say anything about appealing this decision? You should be able to do so.

Or you can start a new PIP claim.

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-g...cal-assessment

If you can give us a little more information about why you did not attend and what evidence you sent for your reasons for not attending it may help us to give you more information.

Did you ask for a home visit or to be assessed on a paper basis only?
    How does being assessed on paper basis only work? Do you have to be severely disabled?

My first assessment was f2f & my last one paper based. What happened was a phone call from the assessor after she had studied my paperwork etc, she asked a few questions & everything was done. So simple ! Also I think it depends how busy the assessors are in your area.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    My first assessment was f2f & my last one paper based. What happened was a phone call from the assessor after she had studied my paperwork etc, she asked a few questions & everything was done. So simple ! Also I think it depends how busy the assessors are in your area.
    Is this the evidence you sent along with the application form or just the application form paperwork? Did you request a paper based assessment? What type of questions did they ask? I heard if you have severe anxiety letter from your doctor this is sufficient?