Thread: Does anyone here work whilst getting PIP and/or ESA? Also other PIP question

Does anyone here work whilst getting PIP and/or ESA? Also other PIP question

Hello everyone,

I'm currently getting PIP and ESA (I'm in the WRAG of ESA), but I am looking for permitted work under ESA.

I suffer from OCD, anxiety, depression, and have had a diagnosis of Asperger's back in May 2018.

I am currently looking for a part-time job, 16 hours or less. My work coach at the job centre said I can do permitted work. However, I was wondering since most jobs are dealing with people, will this jeopardise my PIP? My PIP is up for review in April time. I only scored 2 points for talking to people face-to-face. Because my mental and physical health have gone down hill, I believe that I deserve the high rate of PIP. I also can't go out alone because I am scared of people and vulnerable, easy target for people to pick on me.

So my questions are:

Do any of you work?

When I get my PIP review, will I get a form to fill out or will I just go straight to an assessment?

You'll get a form to fill in which will ask in each category whether you're better, the same or worse than before. You send that back together with up to date medical evidence, especially of any deterioration, and will probably be asked to go to an assessment in due course.

Can't help much on the permitted work question, but I do think it will be hard to argue that you can't go out alone if you are working as the two ideas seem conflicting.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 01-30-2019 at 11:08 PM.

You can only do less than 16 hrs a week on Permitted work and earn up to £125.50.

Read this: https://www.gov.uk/employment-suppor...ce/eligibility

Doing permitted work must not contradict your reasons for claiming PIP.

It might be a good idea to try some volunteering first to see how you cope. If you google 'volunteering' plus the name of your town then there should be some help to see what is available.

Or did you mean doing some permitted work from home?
    I try my best

PIP is none means tested and you can work full time and still claim it.

Have you thought about working with animals - I think you might enjoy it.