Thread: PIP stopped, Carers Allowance gone with it.

PIP stopped, Carers Allowance gone with it.

Hello
    My partner recently had a home assessment for PIP and the decision came through on Friday that she got 0 on everything and she is perfectly fine. The entire letter is a lie, everything written in it is wrong. We are both very distraught and have no idea what we're going to do. We still get ESA bit we privately rent and have bills to pay that are going to amount to more than what ESA gives us.
    I plan to appeal but I just didn't know if anyone here has gone through the same process and could give me any advice. I'm going to call Citizens Advice too.

Thanks
    Natasha

Hello Natasha

Unfortunately many of us have been through the same process and got the same result.

Do you have a copy of the assessment report?

If not, telephone the DWP to ask for a copy.

Did you send evidence with your claim form?

If not, try asking your GP for a letter that states your difficulties when attempting any of the descriptors sadly, you may have to pay for this letter.

What is your date, that you need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration by. This means they will relook at the decision. If you can supply more evidence and look at the assessment report and give reasons why you do not agree with what the assessor has written, this possibly may help.

Do be warned though, few get this decision changed at this point.

If they come back with the same decision then it is time to take your case to a tribunal.

I believe it is currently almost 70%, yes 70% that go on to win their case at tribunal.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    Hello Natasha

Unfortunately many of us have been through the same process and got the same result.

Do you have a copy of the assessment report?

If not, telephone the DWP to ask for a copy.

Did you send evidence with your claim form?

If not, try asking your GP for a letter that states your difficulties when attempting any of the descriptors sadly, you may have to pay for this letter.

What is your date, that you need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration by. This means they will relook at the decision. If you can supply more evidence and look at the assessment report and give reasons why you do not agree with what the assessor has written, this possibly may help.

Do be warned though, few get this decision changed at this point.

If they come back with the same decision then it is time to take your case to a tribunal.

I believe it is currently almost 70%, yes 70% that go on to win their case at tribunal.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Good luck.
    Thank you so much for your reply.
    I do have the letter and I will definitely be sending off the appeal form. It's not right what they've done to us at all. Will our ESA amount go up now that it's our only source of income?

Thanks again