Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UC Reassessment Letter

They can do a reassessment without sending you a UC50 (or ESA50 if you're still on ESA).
    There is nothing in law that says they have to send an UC/ESA50, only that you have to have an assessment on paper or F2F.

An UC/ESA50 is only one part of an assessment, and they can assess without it, just like they can assess without a F2F.

They did a spate of them like that for ESA a few years ago, straight to F2F without an ESA50; and got a lot of complaints about it.
    They also did some on old paperwork only - with no ESA50 and no F2F, they got less complaints about that.
    (You cannot be found fit-for-work without having had a F2F).

The lack of a clear decision notice on the UC journal is a problem that has been noted, and is being looked at by the big welfare organisations that take these kinds of things to court.
    The main problem there is that if you do not get a clear decision notice then how can you excercise your legal right to challenge the decision at MR and appeal?
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Oh I didn’t know they could just call you without a UC50 or ESA50.

It could be problematic for people on UC that don’t receive a decision letter via post and if it’s not on the journal and you miss the MR deadline that would be a big hassle . I would probably suggest just calling up UC all the time until you get the info over the phone. I messaged my case manager almost a month ago now about the decision and they haven’t bothered to get back or leave me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    I was just told over the phone when I called UC that I had a 12 months prognosis but I could be reassessed at any point without having filled in another UC50, not sure how accurate this is as I thought you had to fill in a UC50 before?

Nothing on my journal about decision at all and the phone jockey told me decision was made over a month ago, I did leave a message on journal weeks ago but no response at all .
    That's awful if its true is it now the case you only get told if you fail? .
    What about the accessor's report is that also not available?

just to let you know that they finally did put the decision letter on my journal with a 'please sign you commitments' message also. Not sure how long the prognosis is but hope it will be at least 12 months.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Was there anything on the notice they put on the journal about your right to MR and appeal if you didn't agree with their decision?

(That's one of the things that there have been compliants about, they weren't telling you your rights on the journal just the decision).

Hi nukecad, they just posted the decision letter and on that was all the info about MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Pau View Post
    just to let you know that they finally did put the decision letter on my journal with a 'please sign you commitments' message also. Not sure how long the prognosis is but hope it will be at least 12 months.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    'please sign you commitments' ? How does that part work, if you've already done the commitment part ? go back to the job sanctions centre again or is this the usual blind you with nonsense to confuse you reply from the dwp!

Well let's hope that these results are posted with a date for MR from posting and a TeX and EMAIL send to claimant ASPC .. As for this sign another commitment goes maybe pau can tell us how that works..

A new decision will mean that a new commitment has to be made and signed; just in case the decision changes anything.

eg. if you went from LCW to LCWRA, or the other way round, then your CC would change.

Even if the decision doesn't change anything a new CC will be generated and so needs to be signed.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    A new decision will mean that a new commitment has to be made and signed; just in case the decision changes anything.

eg. if you went from LCW to LCWRA, or the other way round, then your CC would change.

Even if the decision doesn't change anything a new CC will be generated and so needs to be signed.
    I wonder if that would be a tick box online or a trip down the JC?