Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No notice of CWA

No notice of CWA

Sorry. This does not feel safe.
    Last edited by Luckyunlucky; 02-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

ive had this issue before , it turned out the people who did the WCA took all my details from my ESA file BEFORE i notified DHSS of my change of address and they had sent the WCA DATE to my old address ..
    i didnt know anything till my money didnt go in my account and the ESA said they had my change of address BUT ATOS DIDNT .
    you must make contact with the people doing the WCA NOW !!! and also ESA do NOT leave it a minute longer or they will say you did not comply with there request RING THEM ASAP and tell ESA it looks as if the mail for you WCA is going to old address , took CAB a lot of effort to get my claim up and running again after they shut it down so DONT DELAY ....goodluck

It’s not a old address, it’s an address similar to my new address. DWP has already written to me at correct new address. Somehow it’s got changed.
    I spoke to the WCA people yesterday, that’s how I found out they had the wrong address.

I tried for hours yesterday to speak to the DWP about it. Am trying again today.

Sorry that happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyunlucky View Post
    It’s not a old address, it’s an address similar to my new address. DWP has already written to me at correct new address. Somehow it’s got changed.
    I spoke to the WCA people yesterday, that’s how I found out they had the wrong address.

I tried for hours yesterday to speak to the DWP about it. Am trying again today.

Sorry that happened to you.
    I phoned DSS and ATOS when it happened to me and DSS kept saying the address they had for me was correct , but the people who send out the appointments had an old address , in your case they have the wrong address but the result is the same.. As I recall there was also a processing centre with the wrong address the trouble is the DSS didn't think I was telling the truth because on there screens my address was correct .. What you need to find out is who is actually sending out the mail to wrong address as they will find some way of blaming you .. It took CAB ages to establish it was there fault , they admit nothing.

Hello luckyunlucky

I totally understand your shock and horror that this has been foisted upon you, with no notice.

I'm unsure about what you can do about this, so hopefully others will comment with their more informed knowledge.

However, I'm imagining with all these letters going astray, you have not completed an uptodate ESA50 detailing how you manage the ESA descriptors.

So my advice is to complete an up to date ESA50 which I believe you can download. If this is not possible do you have a copy of your last ESA50, if so I would update it, to how things are now and give this to the assessor when you go for an assessment.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Good luck

Presumably an ESA50 got to the correct address and you sent it back? (or they would have already have stopped your ESA).

I think that the best you can do is go for the WCA and then make a written complaint to both the DWP and CHDA about the mail being wrongly addressed.

If you don't go to the WCA you risk your benefit being stopped.
    You would then have to show that you had 'Good Reason' for not attending.
    You are aware of the appointment now so the post being wrongly addressed would no longer be Good Reason for not attending.

You can cancel a WCA once without giving any reason.
    You can cancel a second or subsequent time, but would then have to show that you had 'Good Reason' for cancelling it.

'Good Reason' needs to be realy good, like being in hospital.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Presumably an ESA50 got to the correct address and you sent it back? (or they would have already have stopped your ESA).

I think that the best you can do is go for the WCA and then make a written complaint to both the DWP and CHDA about the mail being wrongly addressed.

If you don't go to the WCA you risk your benefit being stopped.
    You would then have to show that you had 'Good Reason' for not attending.
    You are aware of the appointment now so the post being wrongly addressed would no longer be Good Reason for not attending.

You can cancel a WCA once without giving any reason.
    You can cancel a second or subsequent time, but would then have to show that you had 'Good Reason' for cancelling it.

'Good Reason' needs to be realy good, like being in hospital.
    i cant agree more , communication brake downs can cause big problems , but once the issue is known its vital you comply or your claim could fall out the back door.

I managed to speak to the DWP.

What a mess. My address was right for some departments and wrong for others.
    They had letters returned 10 months ago marked ‘not at this address’ but for unknown reasons never acted on that.

They have cancelled the appointment and I’m to get another in the post in 2-3 weeks. Then my mum will be back and can accompany me.

I asked about the ESA50 and was told it was too late to process anything and they were within their rights to assess me without the forms.

The two people I dealt with today were understanding and fair, but I’m dreading what is to come. This has been so stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by buble48 View Post
    Hello luckyunlucky

I totally understand your shock and horror that this has been foisted upon you, with no notice.

I'm unsure about what you can do about this, so hopefully others will comment with their more informed knowledge.

However, I'm imagining with all these letters going astray, you have not completed an uptodate ESA50 detailing how you manage the ESA descriptors.

So my advice is to complete an up to date ESA50 which I believe you can download. If this is not possible do you have a copy of your last ESA50, if so I would update it, to how things are now and give this to the assessor when you go for an assessment.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Good luck
    Thank you. I did not know I could download it and take it with me. When I asked today I was simiply told it was too late for them to process them.
    I don’t have a copy of my old one, the CAB filled it in for me. I may ask for their help again.
    I feel like I’m been treated unfairly by not being given the opportunity to fill it in.

really well done for sticking with it and making them go through those addresses
    and for getting them to cancel the appt.

at least in 2 or 3 weeks time you will have had more time to prepare, and have someone with you