Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No notice of CWA

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    really well done for sticking with it and making them go through those addresses
    and for getting them to cancel the appt.

at least in 2 or 3 weeks time you will have had more time to prepare, and have someone with you
    Thank you Walker, it took an awful lot for me to make that phonecall. No doubt proof to the DWP that I’m perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyunlucky View Post
    I asked about the ESA50 and was told it was too late to process anything and they were within their rights to assess me without the forms
    I feel like I’m been treated unfairly by not being given the opportunity to fill it in.
    It is true that you can be called for a WCA without first filling in an ESA50.

If they sent you one (to the wrong address) and you didn't return it then it would have been flagged at the DWP when you didn't return it.
    But it's also possible that it was flagged with the DWP that you hadn't returned it and they told them to set an appointment anyway.

A few years ago they were making quite a few assessment appointments without sending an ESA50 first, and they got lots of complaints about it.
    I don't know if they have started that lark again, or if it's just a one off in your case because of the address mix up?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hello luckyunlucky

Well done for getting some sense from the DWP about this farce.

As it appears you now have a couple of weeks or so until your assessment if I were you - I'd waste no time in getting onto Cab or welfare organisations for their help in completing a new ESA50. How about writing or visiting your GP to see if they will write a letter, detailing how your illness/disability effects your ability to complete the ESA descriptors. You may, sadly have to pay for this.

I believe you can take this with you to the assessment and explain to the assessor that they won't have had up to date details of your illness/disability.

You could also send a completed version to the DWP, so that the decision maker has this information alongside the assessors report, for when they make their decision. Enclose a letter explaining why you are sending a copy to them.

I managed to speak to the DWP.

What a mess. My address was right for some departments and wrong for others.
    They had letters returned 10 months ago marked ‘not at this address’ but for unknown reasons never acted on that.

They have cancelled the appointment and I’m to get another in the post in 2-3 weeks. Then my mum will be back and can accompany me.

I asked about the ESA50 and was told it was too late to process anything and they were within their rights to assess me without the forms.

The two people I dealt with today were understanding and fair, but I’m dreading what is to come. This has been so stressful.
    This is very similar to what happened to me, they said I was OUTSIDE the time to appeal , CBA challenged them and I was given right to appeal and won . at one point I only had £20 DLA a week to live on ..
    In the end they admitted that atos had got my details from my claim 6weeks before they wrote to me and by then I had moved , if you fail your WCA , you will win at appeal because they have messed up and you haven't had a real chance if they havnt even read you ESA50 .