Thread: esa/incap migration. so many ????

esa/incap migration. so many ????

I have posted before re this issue, I contacted the esa/incap migration team a few times, on my last conversation, the lady looked at my details and claimed it was a mess, and felt some of it was missing, and it was not right, she sent me a form out which I have filled in and sent back at the beginning of December 2018, firstly Ihad a text thanking me for my esa claim form, which i am already on in Support group, about three weeks ago I applied for my details SAR back to 2012. Two weeks ago I received a letter thanking me for my request confirming my ESA claim started 06/04/2017 income related, however I did not fill a form in for Income related until November 2017. With this I rang ESA quering it, the lady said the letter was correct, until I pointed out to her that I was not assessed until November 2017, she put a request for a call back that did not come. On Monday last I rang ESA again, this time I got a man whom used to deal with Incapacity benefit back in the day, I was on the phone to him for a good hour trying to sort my claim out, he confirmed it was a mess and totally incorrect, premiums that I should of been entitled to where not there, also premiums missing throughout the claim and a large proportion of the claim is missing ? He then compiled a long e-mail and he said he was sending it to both departments. one to Incap/esa migration team and one to processing, because he felt the claim had not be done correctly from the beggining he also asked someone to give me a callback within 24hours because it was such a mess. he said the issue was who was going to take responsibility it, as it was likely to bounce between the two departments. So with no response to call backs, by Wednesday I called Migration team as the form was sent a couple of months back, the response was yours is complicated ?? and we have 3 day response time, can anyone advise me how to get this sorted please. I did ask him why it was complicated and he confirmed it was bouncing between the two teams finding someone to take responsibility for sorting it out. Thank you for any help

Hi alyson,

Reading back from your previous posts; yours is a case that is not quite covered by the IB-ESA migration team, because it was a different although related error in your case.

So what seems to be happening is that the 'regular' team is saying: "it's a migration error" and sending it to the special migration team.

Then the migration team are saying: "Yes it is, but it's not the particular migration error that we are set up to deal with." and sending it back.

And so it's just going back and forth.

My opinion is that the 'regular' team should be dealing with it, because it's not the particular error that the special team are dealing with.

The special team were only set up to investigate those who were not assessed at all for IR ESA when migrating from IB.
    You were assessed but were assessed wrongly, so it's a different error.

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do other than keep complaining.

I would suggest a complaint emailed to your local complaints resolution team, then escalated to the central team if necessary.
    You can find their email addresses here:https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...plaint-address

It may also be worth getting your MP involved, a letter from your MP to the DWP often gets them more focused.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Hi alyson,

Reading back from your previous posts; yours is a case that is not quite covered by the IB-ESA migration team, because it was a different although related error in your case.

So what seems to be happening is that the 'regular' team is saying: "it's a migration error" and sending it to the special migration team.

Then the migration team are saying: "Yes it is, but it's not the particular migration error that we are set up to deal with." and sending it back.

And so it's just going back and forth.

My opinion is that the 'regular' team should be dealing with it, because it's not the particular error that the special team are dealing with.

The special team were only set up to investigate those who were not assessed at all for IR ESA when migrating from IB.
    You were assessed but were assessed wrongly, so it's a different error.

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do other than keep complaining.

I would suggest a complaint emailed to your local complaints resolution team, then escalated to the central team if necessary.
    You can find their email addresses here:https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...plaint-address

It may also be worth getting your MP involved, a letter from your MP to the DWP often gets them more focused.
    Thank you so much, I will give this a go tomorrow, it is now becoming frustrating and needs sorting, The man I spoke to was very helpful and confirmed that money is owed, the issue is getting someone to take responsibility. he said that because of earlier errors it was not a automatic "flagup" but needs sorting from the beginning, if it had been done correctly it would of been flagged. he has sent the e-mail noting the mistakes he can see immediatley. I will contact the resolutions team and seeif they can help me, I have a feeling I may have a fight on my hands. but thankyou for your help.

a little help if you can give it, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by alyson1 View Post
    Thank you so much, I will give this a go tomorrow, it is now becoming frustrating and needs sorting, The man I spoke to was very helpful and confirmed that money is owed, the issue is getting someone to take responsibility. he said that because of earlier errors it was not a automatic "flagup" but needs sorting from the beginning, if it had been done correctly it would of been flagged. he has sent the e-mail noting the mistakes he can see immediatley. I will contact the resolutions team and seeif they can help me, I have a feeling I may have a fight on my hands. but thankyou for your help.
    Thank you, i did try the call centres one more time this morning to no avail, and therefore took your advice and e-mailed a long email with dates times and benefits in receipt of at the time, I have had a response today, by e-mail it has been passed to a appropriate team member, so here is hoping, my historic bank statements i have now got, I am hoping you may be able to give me a rough estimate as to what I should of been getting as a weekly payment in the year 2013.

December 2012 -ESA support group + No DLA or PIP, except Carers allowance applied for and entitled Carers Premium element this being for my daughter whom is Autistic, no child benefit being paid as over age limit, prior to this I was on incapacity benefit and had been since 2009 when ill health retired, would you be able to give me a rough estimate of weekly entitlement. Which I can then correspond with my Bank Statements, any help you can give would be very much appreciated. Thank you

I think that I can do better than that.

A few months back I posted a table of historic rates for ESA and the 3 main premiums, you can find it here.
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post150834

From that table you can see what ESA you should have been paid weekly in any particuar year by adding up -

The Personal allowance + the Group rate + the Premium rate(s).

So for 2013 yours would have been £71.70 (PA) + £34.80 (SG) + £33.30 (Carer premium) = £139.80 / week.

Good to hear that you got a quick acknowledgement from the regional complaints resolution team.
    They aim to give a fuller answer in 15 working days, so give it 20 days or so to include weekends.

I don't know if the CRT will work it out themselves, but at least they should tell one or other of the teams to get on with it and stop passing it about.
    That may take a bit longer than 20 days, but you will know that someone is looking at it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-12-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I think that I can do better than that.

A few months back I posted a table of historic rates for ESA and the 3 main premiums, you can find it here.
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...l=1#post150834

From that table you can see what ESA you should have been paid weekly in any particuar year by adding up -

The Personal allowance + the Group rate + the Premium rate(s).

So for 2013 yours would have been £71.70 (PA) + £34.80 (SG) + £33.30 (Carer premium) = £139.80 / week.

Good to hear that you got a quick acknowledgement from the regional complaints resolution team.
    They aim to give a fuller answer in 15 working days, so give it 20 days or so to include weekends.

I don't know if the CRT will work it out themselves, but at least they should tell one or other of the teams to get on with it and stop passing it about.
    That may take a bit longer than 20 days, but you will know that someone is looking at it.
    Thank you, for this information, just one quickie question, if I had been checked for income related at that time, I would of been entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium approx 15.00 a week extra for being in the support group. if i am understanding it correctly. Thanks

That's correct, everyone on IR ESA in the Support Group should automatically get the EDP.

In your particular case it seems that you were assessed for IR ESA (at some time), - otherwise you would not have got the Carer Premium.
    The premiums, EDP, SDP, or Carer premium are only payable with IR ESA.
    But for some reason it seems that they did add carers but did not add the EDP to yours, who knows why not?

This is why it doesn't come under what the special team is looking at, they are only looking at those who were never assessed for IR ESA in the first place.

When someone does get to look at it it should be obvious - if you had Carers premium and were in SG then you should have had EDP as well.
    So then it's just a question of the dates.

Thank you for your help I have received both e-mail and letter today confirming they are looking into it, I can t thank you enough, however when I spoke with the gentleman whom was a old hand with Incapacity Benefit, also told me that the Disability Premium of Incapacity Benefit was missing, as I was in receipt of Long Term Incapacity, I also was entitled to carers premium at the time for my daughter, as I am waiting for SAR records of the breakdown, could you give me a indication of the extra entitlements I should of been getting, as at present just going off bank statements, hoping you can help, you seem to be a mind of knowledge, and now that the correspondance team have given me a contact named person. Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Good to hear that things are now progressing for you.

Having a named contact should make things easier from now.

I"m not sure about the premium with IB, but I would leave it to them to sort it now they have got their fingers out of their a.....