Thread: Help need advice on getting health professionals to listen.

Help need advice on getting health professionals to listen.

I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy 7 years ago and never received and advice or treatment for it. Originally they thought it was Statin related,but recently I am more convinced it is related to my spinal problems.. Recently my back problems have gotten worse. I have asked repeatedly to see a neurologist but no one is listening.. It is frightening me ..

my best advice to you is if you're under NHS care please contact the PALS service and complain about it, if its your GP then make an appointment with a diferent GP and raise those issues with the new GP, you can also make a complain about your GP to the health centre you attend to see your GP, if eveything else fails you can also complain to the GMC (general medical council) and you can ask for advice from the citizens advice bureau

hope this helps

Thank you so much Rickbat.. I will do that

I think rickbat has given you top advice. First stop for me would see another GP, one who will arrange for further tests to be done....at least.
    GP's are human beings and as such there are good and bad. Some are vocational and some just in for the money.
    Good luck

South of Brum, East of Cardiff, North of Paris
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Jam View Post
    I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy 7 years ago and never received and advice or treatment for it. Originally they thought it was Statin related,but recently I am more convinced it is related to my spinal problems.. Recently my back problems have gotten worse. I have asked repeatedly to see a neurologist but no one is listening.. It is frightening me ..
    I too have that particular problem - mine has been brought on by Diabetes. My GP told me that there is nothing to be done about it only to be aware of cuts etc that do not heal properly. I don't know if that is good advice or not as I have raised a complaint to the NHS about my GP after he diagnosed Peripheral Artierial Disease as being common and garden arthritis in early 2010. By July 2011, I was in A&E being told my leg might have to come off - there was no blood supply to it - thrombosis in the groin, behind the knee and in the ankle!!

Well!!!Health is wealth because with out of the health we cant properly any work
    in the life.So we should be eating the healthier food for keep good fitness and the
    health.Healthier foods so good for the weight loss.I like these foods for the weight
    loss like, vegetarian foods,fruits,pasta and the dry fruits...