Thread: The ESA 50 has landed.

The ESA 50 has landed.

It has been about 19 months since i was first awarded ESA (WRAG),+ SDP + EDP..........is it normal to be get reassessed after 19 months please?.For some reason i thought it was about 2 years before i would got another ESA50.....or can they send one out at ANY TIME?...I really,really am not looking forward to an impending WCA.It has always turned out bad for me in the past,and i'm sure this time will be no different,even though i should actually be in the Support Group,though have given up fighting for that.

Thanks for your help.

They can send one out at anytime, but after 19 months is probably about right for a 2 year prognosis. (or yours may have been an 18 month prognosis).

The prognosis date is when they say you should next be reassessed.
    They set a flag on your DWP computer file to automatically send out a referral to CHDA a few months before that date.
    (The computer automatically sets this 'at least' 2 months before the prognosis date they enter, but of course that depends on just what prognosis date they enter).
    See the last line of this: https://d.pr/SU9N1l
    CHDA get the referal by computer and they send you an ESA50.

The idea is that the 'few months' means your reassessment will be made on about your prognosis date, of course it never works like that and usually takes longer.
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-11-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Just bumping this up as been lost in a shed load of spam

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Just bumping this up as been lost in a shed load of spam
    I wouldn't bother, the way things are at the moment it'll just get swamped again.

And it has, with 106 more in the last few minutes

Thanks for that beau and nukecad.

The form has to be in by March 4th....I kind of thought i would be having my WCA a couple of weeks after that,before a decision that i am fit for work is subsequently made a couple of weeks later.Yep,i'm a pessimist

yeah anytime after 3 months they can send, I am also going to speculate you probably had a 2 year prognosis and they sending it early to try and get the new decision before that date.

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    The form has to be in by March 4th....I kind of thought i would be having my WCA a couple of weeks after that, before a decision that i am fit for work is subsequently made a couple of weeks later.Yep,i'm a pessimist
    Nope, that's a definite optimist.

My reassessment last year was 11 months between sending the ESA50 and having a Face to Face assessment.