Thread: permission

permission

Someone i know got an esa reassessment form she got a letter and some med records off GP and went to CAB and they filled it in and she sent it all over a month later she got a letter asking her to sign it and send back for access to med records i didnlt think they needed your consent i thought they automatically had access to your records anyone else had one of these?

There is a statement on the bottom of the ESA50 that gives them this consent.

However the whole issue of consent has become a thorny one at the moment, and the DWP seem to be using it as a delaying tactic. (or even to stop claimants getting professional help).

There are threads about it on rightsnet where professional advisors are finding that they are unable to talk to the DWP about their clients claims.
    In the past they had 'implied' consent, the client had given them permission to deal with their benefit, and anyone in that advice organisation/office could deal with it.
    But now in some cases unless they can prove seperate, new, 'consent' for every call they make or letter that they send the DWP will refuse to deal with them.
    And they often insist that one particular advisor is named in the consent, so no one else in the office can deal with it.

It's a particular problem that started with UC claims but seems to be creeping into other benefits as well.

The big welfare organisations are on the case.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nuke i thought on all benefit forms you give consent as you said not sure what this is it is to be sent back to wolverhampton whicg is where she sent her reassessment form esa, but was sent from GP surgey as her old mobile on it though she only put the new number on the form she sent back and also it went to a family members address that she uses to stay with doc she's had for yrs he knows this and said it's fine to do that since she's moved out of the area only GP and Hospitals have the address not dwp it seems very odd maybe she should go to cab with it before sending it back

Almost all DWP mail goes to one of the mail handling centres in Wolverhampton now.

I'm not sure what you are saying in the rest?

I thought this was about a consent form that the DWP had sent her?

Or was the consent form from the GP surgery?.

..but was sent from GP surgey..
    Are you simply saying that old records from the GP surgery have her old number and address on it?

If so then it should be fine if it's old records, you don't change old documents to show new contact details you just leave them as they were when written.

Well I wasn't sure when i posted i just wanted to know about what consent form would be i now now. The form was from the GP surgery they had been asked for access to her records by these https://www.chdauk.co.uk/ the web address wasn't on the letter but i looked it up and it's their website, anyway she spoke to the doctor he actually hadn't seen the request and wasn't happy that the office manager for the surgery hasn't been telling him as he said she wouldn't know what was and wasn't relevant regarding his patients so he said when he gets signed form back he'll sort it.
    So that's it it appears you do give your consent to the dwp but then your surgery has to get consent from you i had wondered if they ever had requested mine but since this asn't happened i'm assumming not, Thanks again Nuke

Cheers, that sort of explains it.

The DWP have your consent from the ESA50, but the secretary at the surgery was covering his/her backside.

Many people have got confused by the new data protection rules (GDPR) and are going over the top in a CMOA way.

Like most things new they'll learn and it will settle down again.

I forgot about the new data rules makes sense though be interesting if they ever access mine they'll have 51yrs of stuff to go through like to be a fly on that wall lol thanks again