Thread: Pip Assessment At Home

Pip Assessment At Home

Hello,

Got a pip appointment tomorrow at home any tips?

Do you have to tell them how often an issue happens, how severe it is, does the task cause any harm, time and distance for walking?

Would you have your medication box open? Letters ready?

My home assessment 8 weeks ago consisted mainly of the assessor going through all my answers that were on the PIP form I submitted, but asking it all again! Trying to catch me out? I don't know, but having previously been told by DWP that I had supplied a "Mountain of evidence" with my application, I was a bit surprised to have the f2f at all :/
    I had all my meds laid out, but only because if I don't, I forget to take them throughout the day. I took the approach of answering all of her questions based on an AVERAGE day. This allows for any rise and fall in your condition on any given day. If you say there are things you just CAN NOT do, be prepared for cross-references regarding similar activities that may include the same sort of movements and/or requirements.

Do you have anybody to support you during the assessment?

Just remember that no matter how NICE they may be, there are NOT there to be your friend. They are checking the validity of your claim.

Good luck with it all

Quote Originally Posted by guardian9622 View Post
    My home assessment 8 weeks ago consisted mainly of the assessor going through all my answers that were on the PIP form I submitted, but asking it all again! Trying to catch me out? I don't know, but having previously been told by DWP that I had supplied a "Mountain of evidence" with my application, I was a bit surprised to have the f2f at all :/
    I had all my meds laid out, but only because if I don't, I forget to take them throughout the day. I took the approach of answering all of her questions based on an AVERAGE day. This allows for any rise and fall in your condition on any given day. If you say there are things you just CAN NOT do, be prepared for cross-references regarding similar activities that may include the same sort of movements and/or requirements.

Do you have anybody to support you during the assessment?

Just remember that no matter how NICE they may be, there are NOT there to be your friend. They are checking the validity of your claim.

Good luck with it all
    Yes, did they ask you if you were a carer or worked? How many people live in the household and what they do? Are they on benefits? Are they even legal questions they are allowed to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by pipsaholic View Post
    Yes, did they ask you if you were a carer or worked? How many people live in the household and what they do? Are they on benefits? Are they even legal questions they are allowed to ask?
    She asked:
    How many people in the house and WHAT did they do for me.
    DID we have any animals.
    DID we have a downstairs toilet.
    DO any friends visit and do anything for me while they're here.
    HOW did I get my meds (collect or were they delivered)
    DO I drive.

That's about all the direct questions I can remember. The rest was about the answers on the form. I hope that helps :/