Thread: LCWRA Universal credit backdated?

LCWRA Universal credit backdated?

Hi have awarded LCWRA from the 23 of October can anyone tell me if this gets backdated because I have been informed by universal credit that it doesn’t and it’s a 3 month waiting period so am a little confused.

Below is message I was sent by uc

Dear Daniel,
    you have been awarded LCWRA from 23.10.2018. The first 3 month till 23.01.2019 is called waiting period in which you don't get paid. I have done the calculation for this month and have added the extra element of £328.32 to this months payment, please check your universal credit statement.
    Kind Regards
    Arshad
    Last edited by Dandare74; 12-02-19 at 10:56.

It is correct you only get assessment phase for the first 13 weeks so any LCWRA they owe you will only be backdated from the fourteenth week,for example if someone waits 17 weeks for their award they will only get 4 weeks of a LCWRA backdated.

I got my award through after 10 weeks so I didn't get anything backdated i had to wait another 3 weeks for my LCWRA amount to be added.
    Last edited by Toby123; 12-02-19 at 13:32.

Thanks for your advice much appreciated its all clear now