Thread: ESA Question

ESA Question

I just got a letter related to my ESA claim. It said i will be going up from £112 a week to £128 a week from the 9th of April because of a change in savings. As that's £16 a week extra is that an EDP premium? If so should have i also got a letter related to the back payment or am i not getting that and just the rise?

Well as it says "because of a change in savings" you might have thought it was just that.

But in your previous post about the ESA3(IBR) you said you didn't have savings, and the amount is suspiciously close to the EDP which is currently £16.40 and goes up to £16.80 in April.
    (I assume you had rounded up when posting).

To me that suggests that your ESA3(IBR) has now been processed sucessfully, and IR ESA and thus the EDP has been added.

Is there a breakdown of the payment? On letters they call EDP the 'Disability Income Guarantee'.

Although that 9th April date is a bit odd, it's over a month away and an April date sounds more like the annual updating letter.

I'm guessing that the EDP has been awarded but you haven't got any letter about it yet from the special team, the annual update letter has arrived first and shows that the EDP has indeed been added.
    (I'm also guessing that the "change in savings" is their way of saving face, it sounds better than "because we corrected our cock-up" - LOL).

In which case you should expect a letter about the EDP, and backpay soon.

PS. Check your bank balance, backpayments often go in before you get a letter.

If in doubt (and if you have the time to hang about on hold) you could give them a ring to see if the phone jockey has anything on their screen?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks a lot that explains some things for me. Hope you're having a good day nukecad