Thread: Getting diesel at Tesco when you can't do it yourself

Post Getting diesel at Tesco when you can't do it yourself

After a journey into West Yorkshire and back I looked at my fuel gauge and realised fuel is needed soon.

Since getting this new lease hire vehicle I've relied on passengers to do the physical business of putting petrol in and I pay.

I was using 'vapour' not diesel as the tank was running dry.

I popped into a Tesco garage and was lucky enough to grab a pump opposite the reception window. I have to walk using a single crutch as my other arm doesn't work. Luckily I had positioned the car in the perfect position for the pump. And Tesco pumps are best as you can pay at the pump using your plastic - no staggering to the pay desk.

How to fill the tank when your only good arm is using a crutch!

I leaned on the crutch, lifted the pump out of its holster - transferred it to my bad hand in order to grab the crutch with my good hand and move nearer to the petrol cap.

This is where it gets tricky! Trying to stand and hold the nozzle with my only good hand but with now no support was impossible.

My heroine!
    One of the two petrol cashiers saw my plight and took over. I took a full tank to save having to repeat this exercise!

Tesco's procedure

1 Park up at a pump opposite the window with the garage staff are taking money
    2 Sound your horn and wave your Blue Badge
    3 Wait for them to assist

Now I know the procedure it won't seem as stressful getting petrol on my wn.

What's your experience getting fuel.
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 02-13-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Not specifically to Tesco, I find the situation similar in other stations. Some are trying to implement an app where you can ask for help with filling the tank, but the waiting time is not very appealing. Nor sounding the horn in a petrol station. I think Asda has the best solution, a button you can press but... sometimes its only one person taking the cash, they cant close the cashier to come and serve you and everybody waiting... So yes, that's an area where things can be improved.
    It happen to me on more than one occasion to park in front of them, sound the horn and be ignored. I wonder than if that's the same reaction I would get if I would fill the tank and leave without paying... (not that I'm encouraging or ever done this...)

This may be of use
    https://fuelservice.org/en/