Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting And waiting and waiting.

Waiting And waiting and waiting.

I appealed against my knock back concerning my claim for DLA which i was claiming back in April, i waited and waited, i did not receive any Big pack of papers, what i did get though in September gone was a visit from an Atos assessor , meeting took about 40min, (He was an hour late) when he left he said "Any monies owed in back money will be paid by DWP", that was a month ago. I do not know weheathe r to view his leaving comment as positive, or with distrust.

Even so i thought everyone had right of appeal, i have no idea what is happening now, on top of all my other ailments i have had Three strokes and my mind is all over the place.
    Had to go Doctors yesterday to have BP checked,, was feeling a bit low and shaky, anyway it was at 200 over 98, i am awaiting another stroke, Atos never asked me anything about how i feel when BP is high, but just before he left he took it anyway and commented that it was high and should see the doctor.

Thanks for reading

To be honest that doctors parting comment does give a positive impression. Normally they shouldn't express any opinion on the outcome of a medical.
    It does also sound as if they have been reviewing your claim - a process which happens before they decide whether it needs to go to appeal.
    If their decision is being changed a month from the medical seems a bit long - but not worryingly long. Why not phone them to ask about progress? It won't change anything by asking. They probably won't give you the decision on the phone, but at least you should get an idea of how long it might be - either still with the decision maker, or ready to send out.

You were getting DLA up till April '12 then it was stopped, for what reason? You appealed in April yet had to wait till September '012 for ATOS assessment, is that right? If so I'm confused why it took 6 months for ATOS to see you. You can request a copy of the ATOS report which may shed some light on things.
    You don't say what component of DLA you are appealing.
    No one should read anything in to what an ATOS advisor says at their assessment.

Hi wobble no, April was when i first applied for DLA, but was refused, i then sent in appeal form which i had requested from DWP and sat back for a long wait, in august i got a letter from DWP saying they were sorry things were taking such a long time, and that they were waiting to hear back from doctors and other professional people, so sat back and waited for the pack i had read about concerning appeal.
    On September 12th i got a letter from Atos Medical services saying they were coming to see me about my claim on the 21/09/12.
    I have heard nothing since.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyr View Post
    Hi wobble no, April was when i first applied for DLA, but was refused, i then sent in appeal form which i had requested from DWP and sat back for a long wait, in august i got a letter from DWP saying they were sorry things were taking such a long time, and that they were waiting to hear back from doctors and other professional people, so sat back and waited for the pack i had read about concerning appeal.
    On September 12th i got a letter from Atos Medical services saying they were coming to see me about my claim on the 21/09/12.
    I have heard nothing since.
    OK I'm with you now. Well given that you only saw ATOS on 21/9 that's not long at all in DWP world. I have to tell you that if they don't change their original decision then if this goes to tribunal then you could be looking at the 12th of never. Some have been waiting over a year to get their claims settled.
    You didn't say which part of DLA you are claiming, care, mobility or both.

I went to "Disability resource centre" and they filled the DLA form in with me and sent it off, i just applied for DLA nothing else, my Brain really holds onto no info for very long, i cant remember anything in the form asking if i wanted to claim for Mobility or carers, sounds daft i know, but i really cannot remember, all i know is they sent me the form and i got the resource centre to help me, when i got a knock back the same person helped me with the Appeal form.
    Apart from that i know nothing, i may as well give up and just await the outcome, my strokes have left me this bloody way and it makes me so angry that i cannot remember much what i done today let alone 6 months ago Wobble.
    All i want is some kind of life back, where i can afford to go see friends, where i can off my own back go and visit my grandchildren without having to wait for my children to bring them to me, but it is looking like this will not happen and that i will have to "Hope" and wait for them to visit.
    I have said this before i know, but i am at a point where i cannot afford to get Taxi to hospital and to Doctors, i have asked for help to make these journeys, only to be told that they cannot help me as i "Am not in receipt of DLA" if i was i could get help, this is so veru unfair, they could not care less, i really cannot afford to go anymore, i really do not want to go anymore, i have to beg others to help, i am a burden on society and cannot do it.

I take 35 pills a day, every day, somebody is making money out of me, and it is not me thats for sure, if i do not get any help i will take all my Medication to the doctors and ask for a receipt for them, i will explain that i do not need them and will not be taking them any more as Atos are far more in the know of what i need than the doctors at the hospital or in fact my own GP, i will not allow any of them to make money out of me, i am very ill, not just with My strokes, which i am waiting to happen, because i have very high BP, at doctors two days ago it was 200 over 98, i have had heart attacks, i have Diabeties, i have Asthma, i have bad Angina which stops me exercising at all, i have bad pains down my right side into my leg that cause me to use a walking stick, and they expect me to beg for help, let them put me on JSA that will be a laugh.

Well i am a Human being, i am not owned by anyone, i am not their property, i am my own keeper, if i fade away it will be because i have chosen to do so because i cannot beg, i will not beg any more for the right to live because that is no life at all, it is an existence we go through waiting for the inevitable to arrive, which it surly will one day.
    After all this crap they put us through, people will still vote these "Leaders" into power, they do what they want and they will still get votes, and that is the proof that your votes mean nothing at all, labour say how bad the coalition are for how they treat the old, the disabled, well wait and see what they do when they get back into power, they will do nothing for you, they will not rock the boat and give you back a thing.
    Never mind, going off into one there lol.
    Last edited by jimmyr; 18-10-12 at 23:58.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyr View Post
    I went to "Disability resource centre" and they filled the DLA form in with me and sent it off, i just applied for DLA nothing else, my Brain really holds onto no info for very long, i cant remember anything in the form asking if i wanted to claim for Mobility or carers, sounds daft i know, but i really cannot remember, all i know is they sent me the form and i got the resource centre to help me, when i got a knock back the same person helped me with the Appeal form.
    Apart from that i know nothing, i may as well give up and just await the outcome, my strokes have left me this bloody way and it makes me so angry that i cannot remember much what i done today let alone 6 months ago Wobble.
    All i want is some kind of life back, where i can afford to go see friends, where i can off my own back go and visit my grandchildren without having to wait for my children to bring them to me, but it is looking like this will not happen and that i will have to "Hope" and wait for them to visit.
    I have said this before i know, but i am at a point where i cannot afford to get Taxi to hospital and to Doctors, i have asked for help to make these journeys, only to be told that they cannot help me as i "Am not in receipt of DLA" if i was i could get help, this is so veru unfair, they could not care less, i really cannot afford to go anymore, i really do not want to go anymore, i have to beg others to help, i am a burden on society and cannot do it.

I take 35 pills a day, every day, somebody is making money out of me, and it is not me thats for sure, if i do not get any help i will take all my Medication to the doctors and ask for a receipt for them, i will explain that i do not need them and will not be taking them any more as Atos are far more in the know of what i need than the doctors at the hospital or in fact my own GP, i will not allow any of them to make money out of me, i am very ill, not just with My strokes, which i am waiting to happen, because i have very high BP, at doctors two days ago it was 200 over 98, i have had heart attacks, i have Diabeties, i have Asthma, i have bad Angina which stops me exercising at all, i have bad pains down my right side into my leg that cause me to use a walking stick, and they expect me to beg for help, let them put me on JSA that will be a laugh.

Well i am a Human being, i am not owned by anyone, i am not their property, i am my own keeper, if i fade away it will be because i have chosen to do so because i cannot beg, i will not beg any more for the right to live because that is no life at all, it is an existence we go through waiting for the inevitable to arrive, which it surly will one day.
    After all this crap they put us through, people will still vote these "Leaders" into power, they do what they want and they will still get votes, and that is the proof that your votes mean nothing at all, labour say how bad the coalition are for how they treat the old, the disabled, well wait and see what they do when they get back into power, they will do nothing for you, they will not rock the boat and give you back a thing.
    Never mind, going off into one there lol.
    you say your brain holds no info .... its worth haviung that looked at in the UK we have memory clinics your gp could send you for tests before they will take you on there are a set of blood tests xrays and ecgs they do to rule out memory problems NOT caused by the brain. if they are clear they will carry out tests to see how bad your memory is ........... more evidance

jimmyr,
    I think that most of us here have everyday concerns about our health and the impact it has on our daily lives, issues with the DWP sometimes add to those concerns.
    At this point you have no real basis for concern regarding the DWP and it's not healthy to create a concern but no one begrugges you a vent.

Sorry Guys, i get so frustrated when i see the things that are happening to people here and on other sites, not just my problems but i hear/feel so much fear of what is to become of some/most that are in dire needs of their benefits, there are those that reall cannot live without them because that is their bread and butter (literally).

No need for apology, we are all frustrated and angry at being treated this way and that it appears the government are determined to make it worse. Wouldn't you love to make them walk a mile in our shoes.........or is that 50m.