Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: DLA Tribunal

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    downham market, norfolk
    Posts
    55

    Wink DLA Tribunal

    i had my DLA tribunal yesterday i was awarded high rate mobility and low rate care

    there was 3 judges and the court clerk plus me and my partner there and no one else, one of the panel members is a doctor and he asked most of the questions, the 3 of them were very friendly and i came out of there not feeling like i have just been in a tribunal but more like i just been in a casual meeting.

    they didnt gave me a decision yesterday as they didnt had a computer with them at the time, but they sent me a letter with the decision which it arrived this morning.

    so hope this helps those that are waiting for their appeal to relax a lil bit and not being to stressed about it, its not as bad as it sounds

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    20
    Glad it all went ok for you, well done.

    I remember when we first applied for my son back some years ago, he has a form of autism/special needs and anxiety disorders etc.
    We went as far as the tribunal, and there were 3 where like your own included a doctor, no offence to him but we could not understand a word he was asking, he was also rather abrupt. Not a nice experience in our case, but the following day a letter arrived to award low rate care and low rate mobility. However in that month I applied for a supersession as his needs are 24/7, and the following week my son was awarded High Rate Care and kept the Low Rate mobility.

    This time round as it is due to expire in Jan 2013, as my son is coming up 18 after xmas, we completed the adult forms, and this time went straight forward, within a matter of weeks they dealt with it and he continues to be awarded High Rate Care and Low Rate Mobility!

    No further info required either, and this one is not due to be reviewed or expire then in 2018.

    Again well done and happy all went well for you.

  3. #3
    I'm glad things ended OK for you.
    And thank you for reassuring some of us who are in fear of the same.

  4. #4
    doberg
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by di30 View Post

    This time round as it is due to expire in Jan 2013, as my son is coming up 18 after xmas, we completed the adult forms, and this time went straight forward, within a matter of weeks they dealt with it and he continues to be awarded High Rate Care and Low Rate Mobility!

    No further info required either, and this one is not due to be reviewed or expire then in 2018.

    .

    Not entirely true.

    DLA is being scrapped as from next April.

    Sometime between October 2013 and Spring 2016 everybody (aged 16 - 64 on the 8th April 2013) will be asked if they want to claim PIP (the new DLA benefit).

    If they don't want to - the DLA award will cease immediately
    If they do but fail the new test and face to face assessment (similar to ESA) the DLA award will cease immediately

    Only if they manage to get an award under PIP will payments still be made.

    They are looking for annual savings of £2.6bn being 20% ot the total current DLA budget. It is anticipated that the savings will be much higher with a lot of people on the higher rates losing out altogether.

  5. #5
    After watching the news piece about The Winterbourne View care home court case when a DPP spokeswoman said "Every member of society has the right to live free from intimidation and fear"
    We may HAVE the right but we don't GET it.
    Hey ho
    Last edited by Chippychap; 26-10-12 at 15:31. Reason: Fick as p1gsh1t

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    Not entirely true.

    DLA is being scrapped as from next April.

    Sometime between October 2013 and Spring 2016 everybody (aged 16 - 64 on the 8th April 2013) will be asked if they want to claim PIP (the new DLA benefit).

    If they don't want to - the DLA award will cease immediately
    If they do but fail the new test and face to face assessment (similar to ESA) the DLA award will cease immediately

    Only if they manage to get an award under PIP will payments still be made.

    They are looking for annual savings of £2.6bn being 20% ot the total current DLA budget. It is anticipated that the savings will be much higher with a lot of people on the higher rates losing out altogether.
    Oh right, ok, this letter had arrived in the post a few days ago, as a new award on renewal due to shortly to expire as he will be reaching his 18th birthday, and it did not say indefinate, but 2018.

    I was expecting as well to have had the information about the changes of PIP on the new award letter, but nothing mentioned as yet.

    We live in Wales and I am aware that by 2016 that all should change by PIP by then, which was why I was surprised they said 2018.

    I think if they were to apply a date, then maybe it should have been 2016 tops and not 2018, maybe an error perhaps??
    Last edited by di30; 26-10-12 at 15:51.

  7. #7
    doberg
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by di30 View Post
    Oh right, ok, this letter had arrived in the post a few days ago, as a new award on renewal due to shortly to expire as he will be reaching his 18th birthday, and it did not say indefinate, but 2018.

    I was expecting as well to have had the information about the changes of PIP on the new award letter, but nothing mentioned as yet.

    We live in Wales and I am aware that by 2016 that all should change by PIP by then, which was why I was surprised they said 2018.

    I think if they were to apply a date, then maybe it should have been 2016 tops and not 2018, maybe an error perhaps??
    The DWP are still working in 'DLA mode'. It takes them a while to realise that by 2018, everyone bar the exempt category will be off DLA.

    Like everything else that the DWP get involved in, they are always months behind in their thinking. They say it is going to take from April 2013 till October 2013 to get to grips to work out how the system is to work.

    You could say that they are carrying out the 'sea trials' with a full compliment of fare paying passengers on board!! God help them if the engines fail midway across the Atlantic!!

  8. #8
    davewhit
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doberg View Post
    The DWP are still working in 'DLA mode'. It takes them a while to realise that by 2018, everyone bar the exempt category will be off DLA.

    Like everything else that the DWP get involved in, they are always months behind in their thinking. They say it is going to take from April 2013 till October 2013 to get to grips to work out how the system is to work.

    You could say that they are carrying out the 'sea trials' with a full compliment of fare paying passengers on board!! God help them if the engines fail midway across the Atlantic!!
    they have to keep working in dla mode as UK law and dla regulations are what count till dAY ONE pip

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    171
    Well done i am sure you are delighted and glad it is all over .

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,803
    Congrats rickbat,
    Can I just remind everyone that PIP is SUPPOSED to be replacing DLA. In the same way UC is SUPPOSED to be a replacement. The DWP is getting further behind just with ESA changes still.

Similar Threads

  1. PIP Tribunal Help
    By Slash1975 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-09-14, 12:10
  2. tribunal for esa on the 7 th aug 14
    By nettynett67 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-09-14, 16:28
  3. PIP tribunal
    By phillee in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-14, 15:01
  4. ESA Tribunal
    By SandraHilton in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-14, 17:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •