Thread: full rate dla and esa

full rate dla and esa

if your in receipt of full rate dla both componants can they still put someone in work related esa,or should that person be in support group,please help,they haven got to go for medical,just job adviser,

They appear to be able to do as they like without logic or reason. It seems common sense that someone with that amount of care needed and mobility problems to need those levels of DLA would be placed in the support group, However the DWP being the DWP appear to be a law unto themselves and at times i suspect they just spin a bottle see where it lands and thats the group your in!! Have you thought about appealing to be placed into the support group as when you appeal they automatically carry out a reconsideration by another decision maker and the group placement could be changed then without it going any further, However i think i am right in saying that this is not without risk as the whole award is looked at again but if you have a strong case it may be worth it. Good Luck

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by shazagirl View Post
    if your in receipt of full rate dla both componants can they still put someone in work related esa,or should that person be in support group,please help,they haven got to go for medical,just job adviser,
    getting higher rates of DLA does not get you in the support group, there are many people getting high rates of DLA working full time

Under old rules middle rate care got you out of a medical for IB but thats history, there is many people with high rates of dla NOT in support group

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by jamster View Post
    They appear to be able to do as they like without logic or reason. It seems common sense that someone with that amount of care needed and mobility problems to need those levels of DLA would be placed in the support group, However the DWP being the DWP appear to be a law unto themselves and at times i suspect they just spin a bottle see where it lands and thats the group your in!! Have you thought about appealing to be placed into the support group as when you appeal they automatically carry out a reconsideration by another decision maker and the group placement could be changed then without it going any further, However i think i am right in saying that this is not without risk as the whole award is looked at again but if you have a strong case it may be worth it. Good Luck
    the idea of dla is to support people thats why some people with high rates of dla are able to work . I can know 2 people on higher higher who work one for a bank and the other for a hospital

in fact make that 3 my OT gets higher mobility and works full time

glad you pointed out the dangers of going for review as there are cases where people try foir support and end up with nothing
    Last edited by davewhit; 10-28-2012 at 06:25 PM.

i was medicaly assesed on numeres times in 2008 and past the points test for incapacity benifit,now in 2012 the have put me on esa,and to see a work adviser,im confused with it all,

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by shazagirl View Post
    i was medicaly assesed on numeres times in 2008 and past the points test for incapacity benifit,now in 2012 the have put me on esa,and to see a work adviser,im confused with it all,
    you have not been found fit for work, but might be well enough in the future so seeing someone is to give you chance to talk about what you might do if you become well enough to work. the reason for this new way is in the past people where found unfit for work and left on IB with no input for years

ive always worked i was on incapacity benefit because of 2 severe accidents at work which almost took my life,my firm got rid of me,because im to much of health risk,i dont stand a chance of employment because of my disabilities,

my disabilities im not going to get well.