Thread: ESA Back payment wasnt sent out an esa 3

ESA Back payment wasnt sent out an esa 3

As the title says I have been waiting since 2018 for the DWP to contact me, in regards to ESA Back payments . But heard nothing from the DWP.

I therefore contacted them and explained my circumstances as below. They looked at my file. and the lady said, as I was getting pension credit I was not considered for the back payment.

I informed her that my pension credit didn't start until I was 63 on 6/1/2016 I also stated my wife wasn't working at the time and we didn't have savings.
    She then said It looks like I should have been sent out the ESA 3 form as I was on contribution based esa in the support group from 29/2/2012 to 6/1/2016 when I claimed pension credit. She had therefore booked a call back for me but as yet 3 days later haven't received that.

My circumstances were as follows
    I received Incapacity Benefit up to 28/2/2012 I was then Transferred to Employment Support Allowance on 29/2/2012 I was switched to contributory ESA. And Placed in the Support Group. At the time I was not considered for income-related ESA.
    I also claim DLA high mobility low care.

My Question is does it look like I have been overlooked for the back payment thanks.

There are thousands of people who may have been affected by this error when migrating from IB to ESA.
    The latest, February 2019, figures say there are 570,000 cases to look at.

They can only look at so many cases at a time, so there are thousands like yourself who have not been contacted yet, it's going to take time to look at every case.
    Again the latest figures say they expect to have done arount 320,000 by this April.

Fair enough it must be frustrating if you are still waiting to be contacted, but it's too early to say that you have been 'missed out'.

Only once they announce that they have completed their trawl of everybody who transfered will it be time to shout if you have indeed been missed.

Edit-
    The February 2019 figures can be found here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ss-on-checking
    Last edited by nukecad; 21-02-19 at 09:41.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

As you all know from me prattling on my hubby got his back payment form in December and we posted it back on the 14th.As of yet we have heard nothing as of yet not that we are expecting any back pay.The point I'm getting at is our surname starts with a B.My 2 friends who have also sent forms back surnames start with a C and D.When they got their forms before us we thought that we wouldn't be contacted because of C+D come after B.
    A brown envelope arrived in the post yesterday and my heart gave an extra beat but when I picked the envelope up it was from the Taxman with his new Tax code for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    There are thousands of people who may have been affected by this error when migrating from IB to ESA.
    The latest, February 2019, figures say there are 570,000 cases to look at.

They can only look at so many cases at a time, so there are thousands like yourself who have not been contacted yet, it's going to take time to look at every case.
    Again the latest figures say they expect to have done arount 320,000 by this April.

Fair enough it must be frustrating if you are still waiting to be contacted, but it's too early to say that you have been 'missed out'.

Only once they announce that they have completed their trawl of everybody who transfered will it be time to shout if you have indeed been missed.

Edit-
    The February 2019 figures can be found here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ss-on-checking
    Thanks for your reply.
    The thing is Nukecad the lady who I had spoken to said my esa had been looked at and she said, as I was getting pension credit I was not considered for the back payment.
    which was incorrect as i didnt claim pension credit until 6/1/2016.

Also I was informed that the end date for completing this backpayment exercise is actually April this year. That is the reason I called them in the first place.

don't panic about the end date being April
    that is just a date they 'said' it would be done by, but they will keep going until it is completed for everyone

and sadly the people you speak to on the phone wont always give you the correct information

Nukecad is far more clued up

Quote Originally Posted by microbar View Post
    The thing is Nukecad the lady who I had spoken to said my esa had been looked at and she said, as I was getting pension credit I was not considered for the back payment.
    which was incorrect as i didnt claim pension credit until 6/1/2016.

Also I was informed that the end date for completing this backpayment exercise is actually April this year. That is the reason I called them in the first place.
    You have to remember that there is a special team looking at the IB-ESA error.
    The 'standard' ESA people (especially the phone jockeys) are not very clued up on how this special team works, so anything they tell you about it is probably going to be wrong.

So when she said your ESA had been 'looked at' she meant looked at as it is now by the 'standard' team - not looked at by the special team as it was when you transfered.

The special team has yet to get around to you, and they will write to you or phone you when they do.
    You can't ring them and jump the queue (everyone would be doing it and they would get swamped) you have to wait for them to get to you.
    If you do ring you won't get through to the special team and will just get the normal check of how things are now, not how the IB-ESA error affects you.
    (The special team will give you a different, special, number to ring when they do contact you).

I don't know where you heard April, if you look at those figures that were published this morning you can see they are not even halfway through yet.
    Things will be getting quicker as the get more done, but I expect it will be at least another year before they get through everyone they have to check.

They are checking everyone who transfered from IB to CB ESA and if they decide there is nothing to backpay they will write to you and say that.
    So if you haven't got a letter from the special team then they have not looked at your case yet.

The fact that you may not qualify anymore does not mean your case at transfer will not be looked at.
    We have one currently on here who is no longer claiming ESA at all since 2016, they are still looking at his transfer from IB and will be backpaying up to 2016 when his ESA ended.
    Last edited by nukecad; 21-02-19 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You have to remember that there is a special team looking at the IB-ESA error.
    The 'standard' ESA people (especially the phone jockeys) are not very clued up on how this special team works, so anything they tell you about it is probably going to be wrong.

So when she said your ESA had been 'looked at' she meant looked at as it is now by the 'standard' team - not looked at by the special team as it was when you transfered.

The special team has yet to get around to you, and they will write to you or phone you when they do.
    You can't ring them and jump the queue (everyone would be doing it and they would get swamped) you have to wait for them to get to you.
    If you do ring you won't get through to the special team and will just get the normal check of how things are now, not how the IB-ESA error affects you.
    (The special team will give you a different, special, number to ring when they do contact you).

I don't know where you heard April, if you look at those figures that were published this morning you can see they are not even halfway through yet.
    Things will be getting quicker as the get more done, but I expect it will be at least another year before they get through everyone they have to check.

They are checking everyone who transfered from IB to CB ESA and if they decide there is nothing to backpay they will write to you and say that.
    So if you haven't got a letter from the special team then they have not looked at your case yet.

The fact that you may not qualify anymore does not mean your case at transfer will not be looked at.
    We have one currently on here who is no longer claiming ESA at all since 2016, they are still looking at his transfer from IB and will be backpaying up to 2016 when his ESA ended.
    Thanks for your reply nukecad An ESA 3 has just landed on my doormat 5 mins ago asking for info on the dates I mentioned to them. So they didn't bother to ring me back. But just sent the esa 3 out. Just the long wait now but at least I know its being looked at now.

Is this an ESA3 (IBR) ? I suspect that it is if it has your transfer date on the front page.

That's the number of the form from the special team.
    Either it's just a coincidence that it came now or maybe the person you spoke to did get in touch with them and you have jumped the queue, but that would be unusual.

It's just a question of filling it in, sending it back, and waiting.

Yes its the ESA 3 (IBR) It has a office code number on it at the bottom.
    I think it was the person I spoke to as she did say it looked like my file had been overlooked.

I was expecting a call back but received the form anyway. she did give me a special number to ring.
    but I didn't bother so just the long wait now.
    Thanks for your kind help nukecad.
    will of course let you all know when I eventually hear back one way or the other,