Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Everyone and No-one....?

  1. #1
    Senior Member ***Force_Majeure_007***'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    124

    Lightbulb Everyone and No-one....?

    The ConDem's have attacked just about everyone since the banks screwed everyone, and everyone is so busy fighting their own corners that no-one is sticking together and people are becoming more & more divided. This is exactly what the government want as it makes it so easy for them to control the populace. This country is becoming more & more of a dictatorship than has ever been known in British history. Is this what the government have really learnt from going into Iraq and Afghanistan? We went in dictating to them that they were wrong?

    I see other countries sticking together, like Greece, Spain and Portugal. Even having a strike and a protest march on the same day.

    What is the point in unions if no-one goes on strike anymore, if striking is or becomes illegal and then job losses are imminent due to strike action then that's another dictatorship control of the masses.

    What happened to the Labour party, aren't they paid for at least partly if not fully by the Unions. Where's their support for people's rights?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lighttouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Force_Majeure_007*** View Post
    The ConDem's have attacked just about everyone since the banks screwed everyone,

    I see other countries sticking together, like Greece, Spain and Portugal. Even having a strike and a protest march on the same day.

    What is the point in unions if no-one goes on strike anymore, if striking is or becomes illegal and then job losses are imminent due to strike action then that's another dictatorship control of the masses.

    What happened to the Labour party, aren't they paid for at least partly if not fully by the Unions. Where's their support for people's rights?
    Yes the banks screwed everyone due to their greed and we pay the price with uemployment, wage freezes and benefit cuts. The countries you talk about known as the 'PIGS' Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain have massive deficit problems - they spend more than they bring in via taxes.

    The worst culpret is Greece. There Public Sector workers were highly overpaid The general rule for Greeks was tax avoidance but wanting to lend money to maintai their luxury lifestyle. Unfortunately the Country has gone bust and keeps on being bailed out with EU funds in return for promised austerity measures eg cuts!

    The thing is with Greece they don't stick to their word - after all 25% of working age people are out of work calling o the state for money they don't have.

    Why has this happened you might ask.

    Well it was during the last ten years people wanted the high life and used credit cards to pay for it. When the financial bubble burst in 2008 they found their homes were devalued and losing their homes and jobs. The other reason is they are tied into the Euro and can't revert to the dracma to be competitive in a global market economy - i other words their goods and services are too expensive.

    So the Unions are a waste of time because this is a European, if not global economic problem. If you were to think of the UK as a patient it's similar to a person who has had a major heart attack. Having Unions prod it won't aid recovery they can only hold it's hand and pat it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,803
    Since the year dot mankind has been ruled by one motive alone, GREED. Despite the suffering of billions and the lives of millions sacrificed to it's opposition, today still, 1% of the population have more wealth than the rest of the 99% put together, says it all.
    Do I think mankind will change, I fear that in the not to distant future it will have no choice. I say fear because greed has a nasty habit of excusing all manner of atrocities.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •