Thread: The Homeless

The Homeless

Has anyone noticed in their town's the rough sleepers and begging seems to be disappearing off the street's ? So where are they now YMCA or similar, I have noticed a big drop in numbers within the last month. Is this decrease in homelessness happening in your towns ? Let's hope they all find a safe place to stay.

I didn't notice a drop when I visited a nearby city yesterday. In fact there seemed more than ever. Many camped outside such as Greggs.

In our local town I don't know where they hang out now, their place in the past has now been blocked off.

In our town we don't have many homeless sleepers but the ones we have are in my opinion in 2 different classes.A man and a women are camped in one place and keep themselves to themselves and are waiting to be re housed.They never ask for anything but are grateful for any food or drink that is offered them.Now the other 2 are a different story.They have taken over a shop door way and at first people felt sorry for them and started to take them sleeping bags clothes food and drink.People then realised that they were high on drugs and had started shop lifting.The 2 men were arrested and held over night but they are back in the door way now which stinks to high heave because they use it as a toilet.They have been offered accomadation but they have refused it.One of them has an ASBO and has been banned from entering the next town to us.People are now not so sympathetic towards them.

There's too many in our city. Trouble is many are chancers who aren't homeless at all but beg on the city center streets to a) Fund a drug or alcohol habit. b) Can't or don't want a job.c) prefer the flexible hours this occupation offers. In reality a great many are not homeless at all.
    Call me Mike.

A number of local authorities(about 50) have put in place 'public space protection orders'.

These are meant to tackle Anti-social behaviour, but are being used instead as 'social cleansing' - in effect to ban any homeless people from town centres and push them out to the suburbs, or out of town altogether.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/93730/why-...ned-and-jailed
    A Home Office spokesperson said: “We are clear that PSPOs should be used proportionately to tackle antisocial behaviour, and not to target specific groups or the most vulnerable in our communities.

“It is for local agencies to determine whether their use of the powers is appropriate, and that they are meeting the legal tests set out in the legislation. The Government is committed to tackling and reducing homelessness and to offer support to the most vulnerable in our society.”
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-25-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.