Thread: New claim pip cancellation

New claim pip cancellation

Hi there guys,

I started a new pip claim. Due to illness I rang up for a two week extension and recieved one. I then received my esa reassessment forms, due bqck around the same time. Between illness, bad days and getting the support I need to fill them in, I won’t get my pip forms back in time

My questions are,

1. Can I cancel the claim and make another one soon after or immediately? Starting the process again but giving me more time.

2. Will this go against me? I have pretty bad mental health issues and I am extremely worried about this.

Thank you in advance

I'm not certain but payment for PIP is backdated to the day you phoned for a PIP Application form. If you cancel your PIP application you might lose a potential month/two months payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I'm not certain but payment for PIP is backdated to the day you phoned for a PIP Application form. If you cancel your PIP application you might lose a potential month/two months payment.
    Hey, yea I understand this will be a consequence. I just don’t see a way of getting it to them on time so it’s the least of my worries at the moment really

firstly before you do that you could call pip and ask again for an extension, they have been known to grant a second one.