Thread: ESA CB with IR top up

ESA CB with IR top up

I am currently in receipt of ESA CB with IR top up, do I qualify for the same free NHS services that someone with just ESA IR?

Regards.

Yes you most certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    Yes you most certainly do.
    Thank you for your reply.

Yes, as long as you are getting an IR benefit (which includes the ESA top-up premiums) then you qualify for NHS health costs.

You will usually have to show the pharmacist/dentist/optician/hospital that you are getting an IR benefit.
    (And the NHS do double check).

At this time of year the DWP are sending out the annual uprating letters which will say this.

You can also ask the DWP for an ESA125 "Written Details of Claim" which will be accepted as proof that you are getting ESA.
    You can see an example here:https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...%20example.pdf

Whilst that form is not realy that clear about if your ESA is CB or IR it is accepted by pharmacies, etc.

Whilst an ESA125 can only be accepted as evidence of receipt of benefit within a month of issue, an individual may request a new ESA125 at any time, so will be able to present a valid ESA125 to a pharmacist, etc. whenever it is needed for as long as they have a claim to ESA.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I am due a re assessment in 3/4 months, which of the forms do I fill in, the ESA50 or New Style ESA form?

You fill in the form that they send you which will be an ESA50.

There is only one form for an ESA reassessment. It doesn't matter if it's 'New Style' ESA or 'Old Style' ESA - It's the same ESA50 for both.

There is a 'New Style' Form, not sure what the difference is

https://assets.publishing.service.go...nteractive.pdf

That is the ESA1 form used for making a brand new claim for ESA.

You are not making a brand new claim, you will be having a Work Capability (re)Assessment, which is the ESA50 form and they will send it to you when it's time to do one.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    That is the ESA1 form used for making a brand new claim for ESA.

You are not making a brand new claim, you will be having a Work Capability (re)Assessment, which is the ESA50 form and they will send it to you when it's time to do one.
    Thanks for your reply.