Thread: Motability overpayment cheque?

Motability overpayment cheque?

Hello Peeps

In the post today just got a cheque from Motability for £77.00

The letter it came with says it is due to an overpayment concerning the extension of my lease on my Motability car and they are sorry about it. I did extend the lease last year, but not expecting a cheque.

Anyone got a clue what the overpayment is about as it doesn't really explain about it? I am not complaining like, but would like to know how I am being overcharged.

Typical it arrived when Motability are shut.

Think I will bank it quick in case it is a mistake!

Stew

I knew I seen some thing like this before, took some digging to find it and will give you a headache working it out but this should explain it.

https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk...r-overpayment/

It seems simple enough from that link, once you distil the main points.

Your Armed Forces Mobility Supplement is higher than the standard weekly rate of DLA/PIP.

This is taken into account during the standard term lease (by adjusting the initial AP).
    But if you get an extension to the standard term then it's £7 a week more than those on DLA/PIP pay.

Because their computer isn't set up to deal with that (it can only take all your WPMS payment) then they have to send it back to you as a cheque.

So they've sent you a cheque for 11 weeks at £7 a week.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks both,

That explains it.

I never thought about how it works after extending the lease, so I am £7.00 per week better off that I never expected. Yippee.

It sort of makes it much better value to extend the lease instead of getting a new car.

Cheers

Stew