Thread: f2f after got med recs

f2f after got med recs

Just wondered how many had the esa renewal form sent back then med recs requested from your GP and then still been called in for a f2f? That's happening with someone i know but i've not had a f2f for esa only pip so i don't know what i can say to her any advice think she thought wouldn't have f2f after requesting records and being 64yrs of age thanks

Yes it's quite usual for them to request information from your GP before they call you for a face to face.

If there is nothing in that information (or your other evidence) that would justify a paper assessment then they ask you in.

If you are unable to get to a F2F WCA for medical reasons then you have to say so, and supply evidence, AFTER THEY HAVE SENT YOU AN APPOINTMENT.

It says it on the ESA50: (My underlining)
    You must let the Health Assessment Advisory Service know as soon as you get your appointment letter if you need:

• a home visit. You will be asked for information from your medical professional to explain why you are not able to travel to an assessment centre
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks Nuke her carer is taking her to the appointment. Just for my own curiousity what sort of things lead to just a paperbased assessment I know on the old IB that was usually the way it went same with the old dla but don't know how they made their decisions back then obs not same as now cos of more having f2f now. Have they brought in that list of excempt conditions or is that just for pip nt esa?

I got a paperbased assessment for esa i got the decision makers report and all it said was I met a support group descriptor,the only medical evidence I sent was a sick note.

The list of exempt conditions is just a propoganda red herring to make them look good.
    It will apply to very few people in ESA.

As Toby says it all depends on what you send them, if it's clear enough that seeing you would not add anything then they can just make a decision on that paperwork.
    So if it's clear from the ESA50 and evidence that you qualify for Support Group then there is no need to see you.

Of course they decide just what is 'clear enough', and so you could still get called for a face to face even if you, and everybody else, thinks you shouldn't need one.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks guys i got esa sg paperbased when went over from IB 7yrs ok did have assessment by a doctor when i went onto IB that was in the days the dss used gps. did have f2f to go from dla to pip but just wondered if was different now but just still seems random still