Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Move from ESA to UC

Also, if I go ahead with the ESA tribunal, do you have an idea of how long it'll take to get a date in court? Will it 1, 2 or several months?

Quote Originally Posted by breadliner View Post
    So, presumably my sick note triggered the UC50?
    That's the way it's always worked, if you went sick on JSA then after a time they stopped your JSA and told you to claim ESA, with of course a WCA.

The only difference with UC is that you don't have to change claims, it's all UC, so they simply refer you for a WCA.

Also, if I go ahead with the ESA tribunal, do you have an idea of how long it'll take to get a date in court? Will it 1, 2 or several months?
    You put in your appeal, the DWP have a month to respond, you can respond to that, there's a couple of months gone already.

The latest figures for benefit tribunal 'disposals' (Published June 13 2019) show an average of 30 weeks. (7 months plus).
    https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...-to-march-2019
    Of those cases disposed of by the SSCS tribunal in January to March 2019, the mean age of a case at disposal was 30 weeks
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

One of my defences in the tribunal would have been that I'd been assessed on 3 previous occasions with the same 'evidence', which on this occasion had been rejected by the decision makers. Now, I won't be able to make that point.

One of my defences in the tribunal would have been that I'd been assessed on 3 previous occasions with the same 'evidence', which on this occasion had been rejected by the decision makers. Now, I won't be able to make that point.
    The WCA and evidence is the same its just the award will be UC/LWCRA instead of ESA/SG