Thread: "Lying b*tch"

"Lying b*tch"

(No, not Amber or Theresa).

Think the DWP were being harsh with the submission they sent to your tribunal?

How about if their court bundle calls the claimant a "lying bitch"?

Yes - they actually wrote that in their court submission to a PIP appeal, and of course the claimant got sent a copy as well.
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/14271/

No doubt the advisor who's client got that is is going to have a field day with them in court.

I'll leave comments to the professional advisors on Rightsnet.
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-20-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Nuke

Demonstrates how arrogant and insensitive they really are

The national press (well the Guardian at least) have now picked this up and reported on the rightsnet thread.

The DWPs response?
    We do not comment on leaked documents. We expect the highest level of professionalism from our staff and any behaviour like this would be completely unacceptable. We would always take action where serious or gross misconduct was proven.
    Of course it wasn't a 'leaked document' at all. - It was a written submission to the tribunal court, which is a matter of public record.

I think that 'gross misconduct' has been well and truly proven.

Of more concern should be the fact that it is not an isolated incident but indicative of a culture that allows such disdain to be shown to claimants, to the extent that someone got careless enough to believe that it was 'normal', and actually wrote it down in a court submission.

No doubt the individual who wrote it will now be dismissed, but that still leaves that toxic culture spread throughout that office (and many more).

No doubt the rest of the media will now pick up on this and a good thing too.

The DWP have now done a U-turn for this particular lady and offered to reinstate her previous levels of PIP.
    And she will also be "considered for a “consolatory payment”".
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ed-lying-bitch

Which of course once again points up the vagaries of the assessment/decision process.
    Nothing has changed with her conditions or abilities, they have not been given any new evidence, but they have suddenly changed their previous decision.

Of course this offer (and “consolatory payment”) is conditional on her dropping her tribunal case. (So that the 'lying bitch' issue doesn't get to court?).

TBH it can only be seen as a bribe to drop any further court action regarding the inappropiate language used by the DM.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here.