Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UC and savings

i remember means testing officers years ago would visit peoples homes and look to see if you had stuff that could be sold before you got a bean from the national assistance board (now called dwp)

Bloody hell . GESTAPO!

Lucky they don’t do that anymore otherwise I’d have to stash my gold bullion bars and Picasso paintings in my secret room in my Castle.

blimey!! I don't mind giving them my bank statements but I couldn't cope with them judging the cost of my belongings - not that it would make much difference

I just saw Google have dodged a £1.5 billion tax bill in the UK, and we're here arguing if someone on a lower income will be able to buy themselves a new laptop.

The balance isn't even pretending to be anywhere near fair.

Yes I read that this morning also , absolutely unbelievable, it sickens me.

I think nukecad was just trying to say that DWP want to know that you’re not spending your savings in order to gain more benefits, which absolutely is wrong .

My social worker has said I could claim pip but I don’t even want it because of the hassle but there is no way DWP are going to tell me how to spend my money and there is absolutely not a chance that I’m asking their permission to buy myself a MacBook, if they ask of course I’ll tell them and face what happens but these people aren't telling me how I should spend the rest of my life here on this planet .

I think nukecad was just trying to say that DWP want to know that you’re not spending your savings in order to gain more benefits, which absolutely is wrong .

But that's the thing, say you got a tiny bit more, it's such a small amount compared to what they allow the rich to get away with. Say you spent a bit and then got over paid maybe £1000 in a year, they're more interested in that, which can't do anything for society, then actually collecting on billions of tax from these companies or people. Even the queen has money in tax havens. It's all designed to keep the poor poor.

If you're eligible for PIP, think about claiming.

I understand your point Birdwatcher.

It's because when we are at out lowest we are easier to control, so they keep you there in order to keep that control, also FEAR plays a big part, the more we fear the easier to control.

The billions that the wealthy get away with in dodging tax bills could sort out our NHS, amongst other things.

I really can't be doing with hassle of PIP , i had enough trying for a limited capability on UC, the less contact i have with these people the better for my health.

It's always been the same.

There a traditional English song about it going back at least to the late 1800's music hall; here's the chorus:

It's the same the whole world over
    It's the poor what gets the blame
    It's the rich what gets the pleasure
    Ain't it all a bloomin' shame?
    There are hundreds of different versions, some pretty filthy, but the chorus usually stays the same.
    You can find a few versions, (including a 'Rugby song' version that I remember from my youth), here:
    https://mudcat.org/thread.cfm?threadid=140894
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.