Thread: No Annual ESA Uprating Letter

No Annual ESA Uprating Letter

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone else hadn't received their annual ESA (or other benefits) uprating letter that usually goes out in March? Mine still hasn't arrived and I would have thought it would have by now. I seem to recall it being very late last year as well but would have thought it should have arrived by now given we're days away from April.

Of course, it's possible it was sent weeks ago and the DWP's usual high standards mean it's still lost in the depths of second class post somewhere.

Anyway, be interested to hear if anyone else hasn't got one yet. I'd phone the DWP but, as we all know, that way lies madness.

Ta.

I only got mine a few days ago

got pip today and esa 2days ago

im on UC so i dont get 1 , i havnt heard from PIP , but i have had a state pension and attendance allowance one addressed to the previous tennant .

Well, it's mid April now and I still haven't got my ESA uprating letter for 2019.

Wondering if I should be concerned? My ESA did go into my account end of last week as normal so presuming that would cover the beginning of April.

Anyone else not received it? Ta.

Finally gave DWP a ring about this and after being on hold for 50 MINUTES I finally spoke to a pleasant person who informed that although the uprating had been done, for some reason my letter hadn't been sent. She wrote one out over the phone for me and said it would go in the second class post today. Apparently these letters should be automatically generated once the uprating has been done and she didn't know why mine hadn't.

So, that's me all nice and paranoid as to why this happened. She told me there were no blockages on payments or anything like that and read out my new rate to me over the phone as she'd put them in the letter.

Still, there's something about any dealings with the DWP that always sets my alarm bells ringing. I find it a profoundly unsettling experience dealing with them in any form. No doubt a residual stress from the eight months long mauling they gave me two years ago.
    Last edited by Voc44; 04-16-2019 at 02:28 PM.