Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quote from Motability. New wheel chairs

Post Quote from Motability. New wheel chairs

From 1 April 2019, all car Scheme customers will be able to choose a lightweight manual wheelchair, when they lease a new car.

There is a choice of two different lightweight manual wheelchairs which can be ordered in a number of frame sizes and set up as self-propelled or attendant-controlled.

Regardless of which model is most suitable, each wheelchair costs £100. The lightweight wheelchairs collapse into a compact package and should fit comfortably into the boot of most vehicles.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motability-lightweight-wheelchair.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	2071
    VAN OS Excel G-Logic or Karma Ergo Lite 2.

Both wheelchairs can be set up as self-propelled or attendant-controlled and will be covered for maintenance issues throughout the term of the vehicle lease.

The customer will need to return the wheelchair at the End of Contract

What a good idea.If I had collected my car 3 weeks later I would of ordered a wheelchair

I found the article that joss has quoted, scroll down a bit you'll see the picture:
    http://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/ne...rter-2-spring/

Whilst not having any reason to doubt the information given, it's reported there as a quote from Motability but doesn't give a link.
    (That particular website also seems to be the only one that even mentions this).

I can't find anything offical from motability, but it may be announced tomorrow with the new pricelist.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

It is on a Motability website but not in the pubic domain but should become official tomorrow.

Sorry can’t say what the website is because last time I did on another site it cause uproar and arguments but I’m sure some of you here know where this site is.

P.S. The wheelchair deal is not an April Fool regardless that this should become official tomorrow.

Just as a taster I think these are the two models that will be available for £100 when you order a new car from Motability.

VAN OS Excel G-Logic
    Karma Ergo Lite 2

Sorry joss, just noticed you already said that, my bad.
    Last edited by ChrisK; 03-31-2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Wheelchair info added

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    It is on a Motability website but not in the pubic domain but should become official tomorrow.
    Well it is in the public domain, (although not offically released), we are talking about it and it can be found on a couple of websites.
    If the public can see it then it's in the public domain.

But the website I linked above is not an Official Motability site.

However I've since also found it on the Motability Dealer Resource Centre website.
    Whilst that's not an actual Motability owned site, (it's registered to 'Corporation Service Company (UK) Limited'), it is semi-official.
    Car dealers will get a bonus for each one they supply.
    You will receive the current £25 adaptation payment for every lightweight manual wheelchair supplied.

Yes I spoke to Motability today and it's true. It seems that they are having technical problems adding a link.

Here's one of the chairs https://247medicalequipment.com/cate...air-uae-detail

Attachment 2073

The link is up now; here's the official Motability announcement:

https://news.motability.co.uk/scheme...ty-scheme-car/

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    What a good idea.If I had collected my car 3 weeks later I would of ordered a wheelchair
    It might be worth a punt to contact motability and ask if you could have the deal Barbijane.

When I first read about this latest offer from Motability I thought it was quite good. Then I saw on the CareCo.com webpage that you can buy a Lightweight Wheelchair from them for Only £69.99. A saving of £30.00 and you do not have to hand it back in 3 years time.

https://www.careco.co.uk/item-p-wc01...elf-propelled/
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Good find Kodiak.

I just took a look at that webpage and got a pop-up offering £5 off your first order (over £50), so even cheaper if you also get that.