Thread: ESA prognosis date

ESA prognosis date

Hello, what number should I call to find out my current prognosis date? Is this something the call center will know how to find or is it a hidden thing?

The standard ESA enquiry line - 0800 169 0310

It can be a bit hit and miss whether the person you get knows how to find it, most do but some (new ones?) don't.

Last time I asked down at the jobcentre she had to click through three screens to get to it, so while it's not hidden they have to know where to look.

If you get one who says it's 'not available' then it's no use arguing with them, no one likes being told they don't know their job and they'll just get awkward.
    You could try ringing again later in the hope of getting someone who does know. (If you can stand an hour or so of Vivaldi).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you! The person I got didn’t know what prognosis date meant but they did go and look it up. They seem to think the date given was the date I’ll be assessed at a face to face, so they’re obviously new/need more training, but the date was all I really wanted to know.

Well at least you've taught a phone jockey something new.

As you know that's the date when you should be refered for a reassessment, it's usually takes much longer to actually get an appointment date.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I don’t know what my previous prognosis date was to be able to say if mine took ages or not. This was my first renewal, so I’m getting the hang of things now.