Thread: UC Fit Note Farce.

UC Fit Note Farce.

It won't affect many here, but there was an interesting reply today to a FoI asking about supplying Fit Notes to support a Universal Credit claim.
    (For LCW/LCWRA or just if you want to go sick for a while on UC).

You know - Universal Credit, the fully digital, online, benefit:

The claimant records the details of their statement of fitness for work (fit note) on their Universal Credit on-line account. They are asked to provide that evidence to their local job centre. They can do this either in person at their next appointment, or in the post.
    The agent receiving the medical evidence will verify it within the service and return the medical evidence to the claimant.

At present claimants are unable to upload their medical evidence directly onto their UC online account. We are looking at the possibility of developing a solution but any development will have to be factored into other prioritises so we cannot offer a timescale.
    So although there is an online portal where you can upload fit notes for an ESA (non-digital) claim, you can't use it for UC.
    Instead you have to get off your sickbed and drag yourself down to the Jobcentre (or at least to the post box).

Obviously those claiming UC can't be trusted not to fake a fit note, and their fit notes have to be 'verified' in person.
    Those of us still on ESA must be more trustworthy
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yes, us on UC are utterly contemptible!

Do people on ESA for years have to supply fit notes?

No, that's why I say it shouldn't affect many here.

The only time you should need fit notes is for a new claim, or if you have been found fit for work at reassessment and are appealing.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

That the DWP for you, when it comes to migrating to universal credit all our details will be lost and we will have to start from scratch from year dot. Im not looking forward to it.

i was moved from ESA / SG to UC/LWCRA about 18months ago and was told loads of "hogwash" down at the local JC , things like i "may" need a sick note (was on ESA and before that INCAPASITY) since around the same time tony blair came to power and brought out JSA .
    they also told me i "may" have to come in for regular "chats" (not happening) said i im in SG , i asked them if they knew what SG/LWCRA ment?? oh yes they said we know what were talking about (yeah right).
    then i was told i was due to be retested march18 and would get a UC50 and sent for a WCA? still waiting for the UC50?.its now april19.
    im better of on UC because i get more money than i was getting on ESA , also no forms to fill out , but they need to clear out all them mojos down the JC and retrain a new batch , it anoys me that the same crap advice is beeing given to people who move onto UC and have a current award for SG , these claiments should not be bullied into proving there telling the truth about there SG award and asked about work focused stuff when its already been established by health care people at a WCA that there not fit to undertake these tasks.
    i dont know why the goverment bother to train healthcare people , they should just send people who are ill to the JC ware the real healthcare pros are the JC work coaches