Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Re-Assessment Decision

ESA Re-Assessment Decision

Just had my decision come today, and its a great result. Stays the same as it was, income related Support Group with SDP entitlement. It does not say how long its awarded for, do I need to ring up and ask for the date? Also is it best to get the Assessors Report and Decision Makers Report to keep for my records and use for future Assessments, as I have a PIP Reassessment due any time after Aug 2020. Cant remember the report no's, think 1 is PA04 but unsure if I need to ask with them?

My decision took 25 days to come from date of Assessment. 25 days of total stress, as Assessor was the same as last time when I was told fit for work and won my Tribunal eventually. So I wasn't that confident of a good result, despite providing around 20 pages of Evidence.

Lastly, I thought ESA Assessment was not a Medical, and it was just talking and maybe a few movements while sitting on the chair, but this time I was asked if I could get onto the bed, which I couldn't so didn't do the "Medical" part as the Assessor said they were not allowed to help me onto the bed.

Well done on the positive result.

I would ask for a copy of the Assessor's Report. It will tell you in that report the Assessor's recommendation for when you should be next reassessed. It will be up to the DWP whether they follow the assessor's advice. I think it also depends on how big the backlogs are in your area. I have had a 12 month recommendation in the past, but wasn't reassessed for 18 months, due to the backlogs in my area. Technically though, they can reassess you again after 3 months. I find it best not to worry about it. Move forward, and deal with the next reassessment when it happens.

You can ring them and ask for your 'Prognosis date' which is when you should be next refered for a WCA.
    (The person you get may not be able to find it, ring again and try someone else).

At the same time ask for your ESA85 assessment report and the MT54 Decision Makers report.

The medical assessment is a seperate thing in law, but they will do it at the same time as the WCA if required.
    Just saves everybodys time.
    And yes they are not supposed/allowed to touch you unless it is required as part of the medical assessment.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

ok, thanks. That makes sense. I'll ring up and ask for reports and prognosis date. thanks.

Good medical evidence backing up what we say must be key to a good decision, as I didn't send any in for the 1st ESA assessment, but this 1 I sent in what I had that was relevant.

Hi everyone...my ESA reassessment interview (WCA) is in apx 2 weeks time.I am worried sick about it because on the 4 occasions i have been to a WCA in the past i have been on the end of a wrong decision twice.I am fully expecting that i get passed fit for work,NOT because i am fit for work,but because of the way that the DWP/Capita operate.

Question ...Does anybody out there (nukecad et al.) have any stats at hand for people on ESA who get re-assessed by the DWP/Capita/Atos?..what is the pass/fail rate please?..does anybody know?

It might help settle my nerves if i know i have got a chance of being passed unfit for work this time round..

PS,i have no paperwork to take to the WCA itself,but i did send in some doctor's/hospital letters with my ESA50 when i sent that it some 7 weeks or so go...surely the person interviewing me will have perused those documents i sent in with my ESA 50??...YES?

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by jw68; 04-10-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Firstly it's CHDA (Maximus) who do WCA's, Capita and Atos do PIP assessments.

The latest statistics for WCA outcomes, March 2019: https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...als-march-2019

If you keep getting found FFW at first and then get it overturned at MR/appeal then you may want to think about the words you use when filling in your ESA50.
    It helps your case if you can use the same words as the descriptors.

For example:
    When I first applied for ESA I didn't have a clue so I used the same words as used by my consultant - ie. 'A deep hypersomnia (sleep), unable to be roused' - and was found FFW zero points.
    By the time I got to the tribunal I had learned more and so used the word 'unconcious' instead (descriptor 10 is about 'conciousness'), result 15 points and straight into WRAG.
    I've used the word 'unconcious' on all my ESA50s since and although I've always had a F2F I've never had another FFW.

So you're saying exactly the same thing, but by using their words from the descriptors you make it easier for them to rule in your favour.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the reply...you are always very helpful nukecad.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You can ring them and ask for your 'Prognosis date' which is when you should be next refered for a WCA.
    (The person you get may not be able to find it, ring again and try someone else).

At the same time ask for your ESA85 assessment report and the MT54 Decision Makers report.

Thanks, I've rang up and ordered the reports. Prognosis date is 18 months. Disappointed with that, was expecting at least 2-3 years. But I guess it could well take longer. Last award from the Tribunal was 2 years, and it took them 3 years to send out the renewal forms.

"PS,i have no paperwork to take to the WCA itself,but i did send in some doctor's/hospital letters with my ESA50 when i sent that it some 7 weeks or so go...surely the person interviewing me will have perused those documents i sent in with my ESA 50??...YES?"

Does anybody know if the interviewer will have looked at the documents that i originally sent in with my ESA50?...i did phone the DWP up some weeks ago and request that they return them to me,but they have not done so..

not sure re. ESA
    but I know with PiP the assessor read my notes/letters before he saw me