Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA Re-Assessment Decision

Quote Originally Posted by jw68 View Post
    "PS,i have no paperwork to take to the WCA itself,but i did send in some doctor's/hospital letters with my ESA50 when i sent that it some 7 weeks or so go...surely the person interviewing me will have perused those documents i sent in with my ESA 50??...YES?"

Does anybody know if the interviewer will have looked at the documents that i originally sent in with my ESA50?...i did phone the DWP up some weeks ago and request that they return them to me,but they have not done so..
    They should read them before your face to face. DWP don't return supporting evidence....hope you sent copies not originals.

As noisynoodle says they don't return letters, reports, etc., which is why you should send copies not originals.

They do return important things like passports, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. where they have asked to see the original.
    It's usually safer to take these to a jobcentre and have then scanned/copied there.

The way it works with an ESA assessment/reassessment:
    • The ESA50 and anything you send with it are put in a folder (ESA55) and couriered to the Assessment Centre.
    • They stay there, in locked cabinets when not being used, until the assessment is done then they are couriered back to the DWP.
    • The DWP put them into locked cabinets for up to 13 weeks, and then move them to secure storage warehouses.
    • Once a claim is closed, then after 14 months the documents are securely destroyed.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I got the Assessors report today, which wasn't too bad apart from the bit where it says I got dropped off outside on the street and "walked 100m". It was nowhere near 100m, I'd be flat on my face well before 50m never mind 100m. But later on it says I struggled to walk 20m to consultation room. Again it wasn't 20m, but either way I struggled to walk it, so no way I could walk 100m if I struggle for 20m. At least I got the right result tho, ESA Support Group. But is it worth complaining about the 100m that is wrongly written?

Quote Originally Posted by abcd69 View Post
    is it worth complaining about the 100m that is wrongly written?
    Personally I wouldn't bother.

Yes it's annoying but complaining about it is not going to change anything, for you or for anyone else.

You'd just get a generic standard reply (basic brush off) and they would keep doing it anyway.

Everybody, including the appeal tribunals, already knows that they exaggerate distances and take their exageration into account.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.