Thread: ESA3 Relating to Change From IB to ESA Seven Years Ago - Do I Have To?

ESA3 Relating to Change From IB to ESA Seven Years Ago - Do I Have To?

Hi All. I have seen a few comments here about the current sending out of ESA3 forms in relation to the government's clearly bungled IB to ESA switchovers.

I have just received one such form relating to when I was switched in 2012. I was put on to WRAG ESA in 2012, at the same rate as I had received in IB.

Then, in 2014 following a serious stroke, I was moved onto the Support Group with disability premium where I have remained since.

I was wondering whether I really have to fill this form out? I am 100% certain that no monies are owed to me as there have been no other changes in circumstances or anything. I've been under consicerable stress with my health issues in recent months and the last thing I feel able to do right now is fill out yet another vast DWP form. I just can't do it. So, unless any form arrives which has a direct impact on the money I have coming in right now, then I would rather just ignore it.

Is this form compulsory? Can I just ignore it? I really want as little to do with DWP as possible, their furious prodding of me and endless reassessing of me in the years since my stroke has had a definite detrimental impact on my mental health (as has been noted by my health workers) and I really don't want to communicate with them unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any tips.

You can ignore it if you want to, but they'll send a reminder and/or phone you.about it.

I'm not at home at the moment so can"t see a copy of the form, but isn't there a box to tick or a numbrer to ring to say you don't want them to do it?

From what you have said then you are probably not owed anything, but are you getting DLA/PIP? And if so are you getting both disability premiums adfed to your ESA?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks, nukecad. I don't have the form at hand just now. It arrived last week and I just decided to ignore it as it didn't seem pressing or relevant to me. But in the last 48 hours I've had both a text and phone message from the DWP (the phone message person did say "nothing to worry about").

I do get PIP and the disability premium you mention.

I'll have a look at the form later on and if there is a box to tick like you say then that is what I will do. I really doubt I'm owed anything and my health situation in recent months mean that vast forms are only getting filled out if my life depends on it.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.

That sounds fair enough.

But it you have the strength and time to fill in the form they can only confirm there is nothing to backpay.

And you never know, I've seen one person who was sure they werent due anything and got a couple of hundred quid for an obscure reason that nobody had even considered at first.
    That's why they ask all the questions on the form.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

If you're up to it fill the form in that way in a few months time you will have a defiante yes or no and you won't wonder sometime in the future wether you should of sent the form back.
    We got the forms and thought the same as you we won't be entitled to any back pay but we sent the forms away on 14th December 2018 and I think with all the forms and evidence we have had to send in lately we are in the final stages and hopefully we will get a yay or a nay soon.We think it will be a nay but at least we will know and not forever be wondering.

2 friends of ours sent the forms back was a no but the other received £3750 ish .He was well chuft.