Thread: Received a letter saying I did not attend a medical assessment for esa, when I did?

Received a letter saying I did not attend a medical assessment for esa, when I did?

I got to the assessment and was told my appointment had been cancelled due to me needing a doctor for the assessment and I should have a voicemail telling me about it. The exact same thing happened two years ago. I was very stressed and ill leading up to it, to now have this extended is awful, as many of you probably know.

I had no notification of a phone call or voice mail but when I rang i did have a voicemail from the, it was from the day before. Asking me to call them in regards to my assessment appointment and they left a number.

Today I have received a letter saying I didn’t attend the assessment and asking for reasons why. Even though I was physically at the place and turned away due to needing a doctor. I can’t stop crying. I can’t ring anyone until Monday and I have no idea where I stand on this or how they got it so wrong.

It might have been better to stick to your other thread, I've replied there as well.

It's just a badly worded standard letter.

Simply ring the DWP (and/or write to them) and explain what has happened.
    Tell them that you did attend but the assessment was canceled by the Assessment Centre themselves as they did not have a doctor available to assess you.

(It happens, they have twice rung me to cancel less than 30 mins before the appt. Of course both times I was already almost there so turned up anyway and signed their 'attendance' sheet to prove I was there).

Did you sign anything at the centre, they should have a 'sign in' sheet/book for everyone who enters the building. (It's a fire safety rule).
    Maybe you put in a request for your travel expenses or something like that.

Do you have any bus/train tickets, etc. to back up that you did go? Tickets have routes and times on them, good proof.
    If needed you could send the DWP photocopies/scans of those, keep the originals yourself.

TBH you shouldn't need to do more than explain that you did go but were turned away, they should then check with the assessment centre.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-13-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.