Thread: PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

PIP Mandatory Reconsideration

Hi

I started my claim for pip at the start of December. I was asked attend an assesment on the 6th of February even though i said i would need a home assesment as I cant travel anywhere new on my own. I called to explain this and was told I would need to send in evidence.

So i booked an appointment with my gp for a couple of weeks after i called. However a week after I called i received another letter stating "As agreed over the phone we are not giving you 7 days notice for your assesment on the 12th of february and this means you may receive this letter after your assesment" - i had received the letter a day after this assesment was meant to take place and obviously this is not what i agreed to on the phone at all so called and explained.

I sent off my medical evidence shortly after this.

I then received another letter from the DWP saying my PIP claim had been denied as I didnt attend my assesment on the 25th of January? A completely new and made up date that didnt relate to any of the dates I had been called for an assessment? So after all this I called the PIP line to explain there was no assesment on the 25th of January and was told there's no way of just rebooking an assesment at this stage and I now have to go through the reconsideration process? This seems a little unfair as I've had to wait for months and been caused so much stress and had panic attacks and lost sleep over it.

Just very confused as to what will happen from this point, will i have to have a new assessment or will they just judge my application based on my forms and medical evidence? Wondering if it's worth making a complaint due to all their errors causing so much stress for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauraxs View Post
    Hi

I started my claim for pip at the start of December. I was asked attend an assesment on the 6th of February even though i said i would need a home assesment as I cant travel anywhere new on my own. I called to explain this and was told I would need to send in evidence.

So i booked an appointment with my gp for a couple of weeks after i called. However a week after I called i received another letter stating "As agreed over the phone we are not giving you 7 days notice for your assesment on the 12th of february and this means you may receive this letter after your assesment" - i had received the letter a day after this assesment was meant to take place and obviously this is not what i agreed to on the phone at all so called and explained.

I sent off my medical evidence shortly after this.

I then received another letter from the DWP saying my PIP claim had been denied as I didnt attend my assesment on the 25th of January? A completely new and made up date that didnt relate to any of the dates I had been called for an assessment? So after all this I called the PIP line to explain there was no assesment on the 25th of January and was told there's no way of just rebooking an assesment at this stage and I now have to go through the reconsideration process? This seems a little unfair as I've had to wait for months and been caused so much stress and had panic attacks and lost sleep over it.

Just very confused as to what will happen from this point, will i have to have a new assessment or will they just judge my application based on my forms and medical evidence? Wondering if it's worth making a complaint due to all their errors causing so much stress for me?
    A similar thing happened with me so I called the PIP helpine, and the person on the phone wasn't sure so he put me through to the case manager (who was a kind fellow), who forwared my case back to the assessors and I'm still waiting for another appointment date.

I would try again calling them again as some of them won't go out of their way to help you. I'm not sure how normal it is to speak to a case manager but you could try asking to speak to one if they refuse to help.